Monday, July 04, 2011

July? What happened to January?

Yes. July. July 4 to be precise. I really don't know where the first half of this year has gone. I hope the rest of it doesn't go so fast! What do you think my chances are?

The Elder has been manic this week. She calls it her manic stage and I have to agree. She's been in a terrific mood, laughing and joking. It's been a couple of weeks now and she's leveling out a little. I'm not looking forward to the crash when it comes.

I seem to have forgotten notes for the week. I've been very slack with that lately. And I'm sure that this week there have been some funny things going on. At home, anyway.

Work hasn't improved much.

An appointment with the resident quack on the Friday. The check of my iron levels seems to reveal a slight improvement. Not as much as the doctor would would like, but an improvement just the same. I'm now to go back to taking the supplements along with Vitamin C to help absorption. There is no point continuing the injections. *my butt is happy with that*

Lunch today to farewell my other supervisor *i have two* as she heads off to her new project. We have lunch at the local fish and chippery. I have battered cod with crumbed calamari rings, chips and a crab claw. $12.50. Not a huge serve but filling none the less. It's been years since I've eaten crab. It was mudcrab and I recall being less than impressed. This was sweeter than I remember, but I'm still not impressed. *incidentally, it was a little piece of claw sticking out of a ball of white stuff which was crumbed* The fish is sweet, just cooked and the batter crisp.

I meet a friend there whom I've not seen for a time. He's been unwell too and as I explained about the iron, we laughed about becoming Magneto.

Saturday I had planned to clean the bathroom.

That evening while preparing dinner, the front doorbell rang. The Elder went to answer it - MOTH can never hear it - and a heap of people trooped in. Whaaa? The Teen, Skywalker and the girls who delivered them.

I am definitely surprised.

They tell me they are here for the week.Strap in everyone, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Sunday night as I change into my jammies, I realise that I didn't clean the bathroom. Sigh.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

oh great. another houseful! Just what you need! That makes sense of her gin spotting in gin gin comment then, yes?

Hopefully this time they will all chip in and help with housework? What do you think the chances are? You want to lay the law down this time - NO in-house guests!

Butterfly Kissez said...

Wow your weeks are never dull! I wouldn't be happy at all about unannounced house guests either...I value my privacy and peace and quiet too much...it's bad enough having a hubby and son in the house! Lol...no, not really...I love em, really I do!

*rummo* hope you got plenty of rummo to keep you partially sane!