Monday, May 30, 2011

Let's take it from the top.

Monday the Tarago had to go back to campus. Dangit, I didn't get a photo. I told the Elder that I really liked it and wanted one of my own. She was aghast. Nooooo! You Can't! You Don't Fit the Profile! I laughed at her. Nevertheless, it was a smooth drive with plenty of room in the front. Getting used to an automatic shift that's on the console not the floor; push buttons everywhere and a foot operated 'hand brake'. Go figure. That took some getting used to.

Home from work that evening in a cab. That work paid for.

MOTH has been unwell since we returned from the Coast. Sniffles and coughs. Lots of coughs. And coughs all night. The asthma puffer offered some relief sometimes, but not each time. Tuesday I decided to stay home and make sure he was alright.

Off to work on Wednesday as he insisted he was alright. He drove me to work and as I wandered toward the office I met most of the department staff going the other way. Among them was Admin2 who told me there was no one left in the office. I followed them. It was an all staff meeting *compulsory of course* and it was starting very soon. Oops! I thought it started later.

So it seems the department is up for restructure. It means a lot of changes for a lot of people. Some will be moved to new teams. Some teams will be moved to new sections. Some sections will lose section heads. Some people will lose their jobs and others will have to reapply. There is a huge change proposed for our section, however it will affect only one person. The rest of us are 'safe'. For now. The whole process is up for review and comment and won't be set in stone until much later and several more reviews and approvals. I am curious to see how much will be passed without change.

Thursday and MOTH is worse. I stay home again and he makes an appointment to see the doctor. It seems he has an upper respiratory tract infection. A course of antibiotics should help. Well, we'll see.

The Teen and Skywalker arrive mid morning. She's come to visit to attend a concert on the weekend and will stay for her birthday. I can't believe she'll be 19. I feel so old!

Friday I'm home again. This time it's for me. I don't feel well at all. Some extras are staying for the weekend. They are going to the concert too. I cram all three of them into the one bedroom. But different beds. It's kinda cozy!

One of them is a large boy with a large presence and a large voice to match. But he's a very polite person, please thank you and hello. The volume of conversation on my patio is phenomenal. Luckily when I head off to bed I can close the door and don't hear them.

I've cooked dinner for everyone and oh no. It looks a lot until it's dish up time. There is only just enough and everyone looks like they could go seconds. I didn't expect the dish to be that popular. It's a filled pasta dish with a tomato pesto and cream sauce.

Saturday they head out around lunch time. The house is quiet. They aren't expected home till after dark. The concert finishes around 10pm and then they have to try to find a way home. Dangit. The last bus our way stops running at 10.10pm. They can't make that. The last train to our closest station leaves at 10.22pm. They can't make that - it will take too long to walk to the train station. Eventually I tell them to get a different train and I will have to pick them up from a different station. There is one too many in the car and I'm a little worried. I decide to chance it anyway.

On the way home I see blue and red flashing lights and die a little inside. My heart pops into my mouth. But they are occupied with booking some other bunny they have pinned on the side of the road and we all begin breathing again.

Sunday we went to a local shopping centre. One of the boys stayed at someone else's house so there was not problem with overloading. The Elder joined up with me later and we went to visit Sunny while he was working. He was very happy and chirpy.

Monday I'm back at work and the house clears out. Hopefully it will be a much quieter week.

Although judging from the amount of noise that the Teen is making, I could be hoping in vain.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

see? a tarago would have dealt with that little overcrowding issue real sweet! haha.

Hope MOTH is better soon xx

JoeinVegas said...

Is everyone there getting sick as winter starts?