Monday, July 18, 2011

Back! Back in the office groove

It's Monday again and I really don't know where the time goes.

This week I've been suffering a little with a stiff neck and shoulders. Nothing too drastic but possibly caused by not sitting straight at the keyboard and leaning on my desk.

Nothing really worth noting happened during the week, just the usual round of eat, sleep and work. I'm playing Words with Friends on facebook and even my opponents there have been quiet, taking ages to make their next move.

Thursday afternoon we drove Zman home. He had been away at a conference the previous day and brought the work car back that morning. He lives a fair way out so it was an interesting trip with new scenery. We did get lost at one point - he and MOTH were yapping in the front and missed the turn.

Friday the weather turned a little and showers appeared. The Elder had gone out to a Shortstack concert and we were home alone. MOTH stayed in the study and I watched a couple of movies on Foxtel and distracted myself at the same time reading, and playing Words with Friends. The first movie was Green Zone. I expected an action packed thriller much like the Bourne movies, but no. It was nothing like that at all. The second was Death Race 2. I had much more of an idea about that one!

Around 3am Saturday morning I went to roll over in bed and POW! The neck and shoulders thing hit properly. Either a muscle spasm or a pinched nerve. I decided it might be a pinched nerve - it felt like I'd hit my funny bone as well, with aching elbow and light pins and needles in my fingers.

Later that morning we had an appointment with the tax agent to do my return. I always get nervous before these appointments. I didn't get as much back this year as MOTH had received a small windfall which had an impact. But at least I can afford to send him north on his holiday. We just have to decide train or plane.

Off to the Village after the appointment to relax a little and I discovered I couldn't even tip my head back to have a drink of MOTH's coke. Dang.

That night, he cooked a beautiful roast pork dinner. One of those meals where everything you touch just works. The veg were good, cooked and not burned. The meat was moist and the crackling crackled and not salty.

Sunday we all headed out to catch the 10am screening of Harry Potter 7.2. I chose a 'local' cinema instead of the big name. Three tickets cost me $25.50. So with tickets, a drink and twisties to munch on it cost less than $40. A good outing!

On the way we passed a woman walking up the hill. Her hair was wild and fuzzy. Her cap was purple. Her backpack was purple. Her jacket and leggings were purple. Wonder what her favourite colour was??

I loved the movie. And I didn't cry anywhere near as much as I thought I might. I got sniffly when a character I liked died, a bit more when a man cried *i nearly ALWAYS do that!* I think a girl down the front of the theatre was crying too, and possibly sniffles from a woman at the end of our row. Glad I wasn't the only one!

The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out some washing and facebooking. Gosh, a fastlane life that!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

don't worry, I ALWAYS cry in the sad parts - even in kids movies! So embarrassment!

Pinched nerve. I've had that, and it sucks big time. Get it massaged out and apply a heat pack. I feel for ya.

Still waiting to see Harry. Maybe next weekend if Fluffy is working Sunday...

JoeinVegas said...

Cheap movies - here for Imax 3D tickets are around $16 each.