Monday, August 15, 2011

All gone!

My week of solitary is almost over. Dang but I could get used to this.

I'm still on holidays and MOTH and Elder have been away this week. Some holiday it's been though.

Two whole lovely weeks of solid WoWing! Whoo hoo! Monday and I'm feeling energetic. I strip and remake the beds; mine and the spare. The sheets go through the wash. I change the cat litter. I catch up on the folding I've not yet done. I put fresh sheets on the single spare bed. The kitchen benches are wiped down, the recycling is put out to the bin and the rubbish tidied. I wash and put away any dishes left over from the night before and breakfast this morning. Might wash the towels too while I'm at it. The washing is brought in from the line and sorted and folded. What a day, I'm exhausted and I've just realised. No WoW.

----------------------------

Tuesday is a lovely fine day too. The shower needs cleaning. *dang but sheldon has the rips. i swear sometimes that cat would run across the ceiling if he could. nothing is safe* I need to wash my hair so I will clean out the shower while I'm at it. And the basin. And polish the mirrors too I think. I only do half the shower.

The bathroom floor is bugging me. It hasn't been cleaned properly for a long time. I get me a cloth, some water and some gumption. Hands and knees job to get into the corners I think.

Done.

Pizza for dinner tonight. I download the Dominos app so I can use that. I order for delivery. Dang. A minimum charge. But I don't feel like going out so I upgrade the order to include some sides. Couple bottles of softdrink and dessert.

Census time. I wasn't going to but I decide to fill it out online. Wow. Much easier than paper. I did it mid afternoon so my worry that the site would be bogged down was unfounded.

Time for a little WoW before I head off to bed.

----------------------------

Wednesday is lovely too. I think I'll take Fred for a walk. I've got a winning Magnum stick to 'cash' in and a dvd voucher. I'll collect them while I'm out. Hook up Fred and he walks himself. Technically speaking he's on a lead.... but he's being a bit silly at the lights. Elder is trying to get him to sit before he crosses the road. But he's sitting for a brief time then getting up and dancing around. On the road. Stupid dog.

We make it up the road and I hook him to the pole while I get the dvds and icecream. A family comes along when I unhook him and he's too distracted to come back to me so I can rehook him. Stuipid dog. Then he spends the rest of the walk home dagging about waiting for his turn at the icecream. He would be walking backwards if he could.

He gets the last couple of mouthfuls but I don't feel like walking him again.

Oh! And look! It's another winning stick.

I settle in for an afternoon of dvds and chat with my sibling Froggy. What shall I watch first? Sucker Punch since it's an overnighter. Then I watch I Am Number 4. And follow that with The Rite.

------------------------------

Thursday is shopping day. Budget and grocery lists take up some time in the morning. And I have SUCH A HEADACHE! It's making me sick to the stomach. Sinus. First one I have had for ages and ages. Luckily, today the nurofen seems to be doing it's job.

The shopping is a little more difficult than I thought. Calculator in one hand, list and pen in the other and I drive the trolly with my wrists. Good stuff. Think I'll shop in only one place today instead of splitting it into two. Sheesh the price of chicken thighs has gone up a bit. I wander down to the chicken shop but no, they are just as bad if not a little more. I head for the butcher. His are $9.99 a kilo.

I'm loading the groceries into the car boot and I am wondering which bag the lad put the eggs in. I wasn't watching.

I'm unpacking and I realise the eggs aren't there. Sigh. $2.71 for a dozen eggs I won't get back. I'm home now and can't be bothered going back for them.

I go back for a second watching of Number 4. I really enjoy the movie but it helps that my second favourite actor is in it. I watch the bloopers twice for the same reason. *mmmm timothy olyphant*

Second movie of the day is Season of the Witch. Witches, Aliens, Demons, Action. Not a girlie movie in sight....

------------------------------

Friday and ..... OMG who put me on a ship? I get up and the room is moving. Hello vertigo. It seems to level out when I sit still. I am not doing much today. *dammit. sheldon is still in a stupid mood and now he's knocked over the clothes basket. i think. i've not checked yet. yes. yes he has. luckily he's not trapped so i'm leaving where he is*

Froggy tries to convince me I have picked up a virus. Lots of weird little symptoms. Perhaps it is Dr time.

------------------------------

Saturday isn't any better.

------------------------------

Neither is Sunday. It suddenly dawns on me that perhaps it's my sinus. It did happen after all after the headache. And I've not had to clear my throat of gunk in the morning for a while. Hmmmm. But I might still need the Dr appointment. It's been a week now and no progress in the healing of my stress indicator. In fact it might even be worse. I can usually treat this with cortisone cream but you can't just buy this over the counter any more. *in the interests of tmi, my stress indicator is eczma. or a form of dermatitis. on my hands. bad.*

I do a load of washing and catch up on my recorded viewing. I'm a couple of episodes behind on A Game of Thrones and Torchwood: Miracle Day. I'm really enjoying these.

I decide I want nachos for lunch. And I can't find the corn chips. Looks like another thing got left behind at the supermarket. Sigh. I head out and buy some eggs and corn chips.

I'm in the rumpus room playing WoW. Finally. I no sooner log on to chat with some guild mates when I find a message on my phone. It's been in the other room. A request from Elder to join her questing ... on WoW. I log off and change realms. It occupies me for an hour or so. She knocks off to go pack and get ready for tomorrow.

Gosh. Time for bed already. Wow... So much for two solid weeks of that!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

You should have phoned the supermarket, then they'd have a record of what was there and keep it aside for you.

Hope your head is better. Nothing worse than feeling crook.

JoeinVegas said...

Dizzy - so confusing. At least you were able to WoW