Monday, August 08, 2011

This week dragged a little while I waited for the weekend.

Trying to train one of the GTs to do part of my work when I go on leave. Heh, he keeps dodging the bullet so to speak. It's getting to late in the week and I tell him he'd better make it a priority or he might just find himself at work on Monday with no clue as to what to do. He pays some attention and has a go at doing some of the task. I speak to his supervisor and on Friday he's doing the work and asking some questions. I answer them as best I can.

------------------------------

Zman tells me one morning that he's on his way. Great timing, MOTH is 'busy' so we wait a little while. Off up the road and as we come around the corner the way is blocked by ... a fire engine. Our road is narrow and particularly windy so we can't quite see past it. A car comes down the road and past the engine. Wait! Another one. Tch, why is everyone on the road this morning? Oh right, cause we're a little late, right? The fireman directs us that we can go past and off we go. And now there is a garbage truck and a couple other cars slowing us down. Never rains, does it...

------------------------------

MOTH is heading away on Sunday to visit his friend up north. We need to sort out what sort of things he might need to take with him. I thought he'd done this but apparently on Saturday afternoon I discovered he hadn't. He assures me that the clothes will be dry by the time he's ready to pack them. Ok, fair enough. He puts the load on. It finishes and I end up pegging it out for him. He brings it in that afternoon and guess what, it's dry. Bah.

------------------------------

We are up at 6am on Sunday so he can catch the train. We're going from our local station and the only train we can catch that will have us there in time for baggage check in is ... 0703. Sigh. I'm standing in the train when I take this shot at 0645. What a time to be out and about on a Sunday!


We make the train in good time and we're on our way. Early of course. His train does't pull out till 0900. MOTH has been booked a triple berth for the trip. Much quicker to fly up there but the two day train trip in a triple berth sleeper is $157 return. Can't complain about that. Actually the trip is about 26 hours. He hopes he doesn't get a berth mate or two. But he does as the other bloke boards at the same time. MOTH signals to me that I can leave but I intend to stay until the train departs. I tell him that I need to make sure he actually leaves. He laughs at me through the window. Glad I did stay because this pulled into the platform not long after MOTH's train left.


I took this particular shot from my departure platform while I waited for my train home. Passengers were loaded for this one but they weren't headed to their original destination due to track work. They ended up doing a city circuit instead. I don't think it really mattered to the passengers!

------------------------------

The house feels really empty when I get back home. Very quiet. I amuse myself by making noise. I stripped my bed and changed the sheets. Remade the single bed which has been sitting unmade for several weeks now. Finished off the folding. Stripped the queen guest bed. Put away dishes, finished cleaning up the cat pee and changing the litter trays. Yes, forgot to mention that before. Sunday morning bright and early when I go to clean out the cat trays I notice that one of them has missed. Wonderful, and I don't have time to clean up properly. Sigh. Pets. Who'd have them.

But where was I? Oh yes, finished that off. Moved the spare tv from the dining area to MOTH's study. Still need to get a set top box for that one yet. Dumped the recycling that everyone seems to leave on the bench. And on the table. Whew. Tired. I head for a nap. Aaannnnd I've forgotten to get something out of the freezer for dinner. I decide to head up the road for takeaway. Yay! I can do that now.

Munch that in front of the tv. That can't be a good thing - I realise I've eaten the lot instead of only half of it. Suddenly Bones is on and I realise I must have dozed off. Finish watching Bones and head off to a too big bed. But at least I only have to make half of it in the morning!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I am soooo jealous. I crave peace and quiet. Really crave it. I think I'll go nuts soon if I don't get an hour or two to myself.

I do love the train pic, though. Neat to see those things still round!

*sessea*... I think I might sessea to exist if I don't get some peace! Hahah!

JoeinVegas said...

Don't see steam very often here either.