Monday, August 01, 2011

Whoa? Where did today go?

Not much to rap about this week.

Sometime last week - alas I forgot to take notes - as we headed to the station, a small car zipped past us to wait at the lights. Couldn't miss it really. A small car, square or boxy in shape. Twin exhausts, chrome mags. Body kit. And the most beautiful fuscia colour I've ever seen on a car. Glossy and polished to the max. Driven by a bloke I might add....

------------------------------------

We read damnyouautocorrect.com. Hilarious. Typos and autocorrects offered by smartphones. Mostly iPhones. One of them corrected 'fuscia' to 'f*ckweasel'. I've never been able to look at fuscia coloured things the same way since.

------------------------------------

So MOTH has made his plans and we're looking at a train trip. Much much less expensive than flying but it will take two days travel. But, it seems I can't book it online. Ah well, any excuse for a trip into the city.

We get in and lo! The travel train office is shut. Annnnd we've missed it by about 15 minutes. What a stupid time to open. Open at 0830, close at 1010. On a Saturday. Sheesh!

Which leaves me kinda anxious but hey, might as well make a day of it.

Thongs. MOTH wants new thongs. Where are we going to go? Dunno. I get antsy when I'm in the city with a group though. No forethought and everyone seems to mill about waiting for someone else to take charge. Look in David Jones. It's my treat and he just about faints at the price of the shoes. For heaven's sake man! Don't look at the price! You'll never find a pair if you are bent on only paying $5! Leather thongs just aren't in that price range.

Eventually he finds a pair in Betts. Black leather, slightly padded. And on sale for half price - $40. He settles for those.

We browse through Myer. I'm wanting to check out a new line of cosmetics but their website says there is only one supplier in our state. We've looked around the centre, but can't find anything. I'm betting it's a boutique spot in Myer itself. They pooh pooh me but I drag them to look. And what do you know. There it is.

Pricey! Whoo! $62 for a palette of 6 shadows I think. The colours are lovely though now that I can see them in real life.

Lunch time. Chicken and avocado toasted sandwiches and iced chocolate for me and Elder, fish and chips for MOTH. Followed by a turkish delight latte. He approves.

I book the train tickets over the phone when I get home.

------------------------------

We're going for a walk and taking Fred. But Elder isn't out of bed. MOTH is. I talk him into going to a shopping centre that's a bit of a drive away. We leave and I text Elder to let her know.

We stop for a drink. I decide to buy a cover for my phone. Dang, the one I really like is $55 and I can't justify that. I choose another. Almost as expensive, but has some bling and some snakeskin pattern. Looks good.

Home and it's lunch time. I coax Elder out from under the blankets - she's awake but chatting to a friend on Skype. Our downloads have gone crazy. Apparently using video on Skype chews the bandwidth. Who would have thought? Not Elder apparently....

We walk Fred and get as far as across the road and there are a couple of kids chasing a guinea pig in the bushes. It's not theirs apparently, but it's definitely escaped from somewhere. Elder helps them for a while to try to herd it out from cover but it defeats them. The kids head home for lunch and we continue up the road.

Elder cashes in the free magnum winning stick and I purchase two more. No winners there. Dang.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Using Skype without video is also a better quality reception. No vids!

Your fancy car was Friday, if my remembery serves me correct. Although it may have been Thursday...

*rester - the rester the week was a blur...

JoeinVegas said...

I thought you had to purchase train tickets in person, how did you do it over the phone?

Where are you off to?