Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Better late than never

Or not. Cause your world relies on what I write. Ahem. It does you know.

Another week of catching the train. Being ready by 06:45 each morning is a bit of a drag but I like the whole getting in to work early.

---------------

I see a workmate *same floor, different department* on the train. She drives from several suburbs away to catch the train from my stop. The station is better. She wants to chat a bit. I don't. But I'm polite like that. Luckily once we are under way properly she goes back to her book.

---------------

Elder and I ride the same carriage. And chatter a lot. She's only sharing till the next station and it's sort of boring after that. I often travel past where I should detrain because I like travelling on the train. It also means I don't get to work as quite as early. I love being in the city in the early morning rush. I would like it much better if I could sit at one of the restaurants and have breakfast while everyone else rushes past.

---------------

Zman is back to work next week so I'm enjoying going back to public transport this week. So much more expensive but I really do enjoy it. Am I totally strange?

---------------

It's an office clean up day on Thursday. Everyone is supposed to put aside their work and just clean up. I know this is going to take more than one day. How can it not? The office is a total junkyard and part way through the day I wonder if it is any better than it was.

I spend most of my time going up and down the stairs as I carry stuff out to the recycling bin. There is a big skip for cardboard waste at the front of the building. It all has to be flattened before going in and this seems to have fallen to me. I can only carry a small amount at a time so I alternate between stairs and lift, depending on the size of the flattened boxes.

---------------

Totally down with a headache today. Must have been too much dust and things yesterday. Sore hands and a swollen ankle to match. I knew cleaning was no good for me!

---------------

Elder's last course day this week. She's stoked. She has to drop in some paperwork to be sent off in the morning then head off to the last of her class. She's done and dusted and full of future plans.

---------------

While waiting to collect her I play with the camera on the phone and take a pic of a building across the road. I crop it and I think it looks pretty good considering it's only on a phone.


---------------

Leaning on the railing and a car stops at the lights on the corner. The bass is so loud I can feel it vibrating the railing I'm leaning on.

---------------

I think I'll do Indian for dinner tonight. Korma *sorry from a jar* chicken with some rice and bread. Something that looks like a tortilla, but has a completely different name. Followed by gajar halva for dessert. I make the halva early afternoon and put it in oversized coffee mugs for serving. There isn't much left over! It is made with grated carrots, milk, evaporated milk and cardamon pods. It has a caramel like taste and is great served with vanilla icecream.

----------------

A little cooler today. I need to wash my hair but I'm too cold to get in the shower. Washing needs to be done too. Nah. It can wait. I shower after lunch when the weather is a bit warmer. The washing doesn't get done at all. Brilliant day.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

You? Cooking from a jar? How ordinary! Welcome to the rest of the world! Haha.

Yes, you are weird to like public transport, but the, well, I needn't say any more :-)

*dermies*. You could catch dermies on public transport, you know!