Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh yes, I knew I forgot something....

I boiled the jug to wash my mug and make a coffee. And I have not.

A very quiet week while I've been off. Haven't really gone anywhere. I've been sleeping a lot. Up at 6am, dozing by 10 am and then an hour minimum again in the afternoon. And back to bed again by 10pm but usually earlier.

--------------------------

An adjustment to my medication left me feeling alright the first three days or so but lightheaded on day four. It's gradually worn off over the rest of the week. But I am still tired enough to drop off at a moment's notice. Narcolepsy, here I come.

--------------------------

Froggy has been busy at work so we haven't had a chance to chat much. Which works out well I'm supposing since I would have been asleep for most of it.

She will be coming for a very quick visit next weekend so in the course of conversation I asked if she was bringing pillows. Nope. Dang. Going to have to do something about that.

--------------------------

Off to Target to investigate their specials. Buy a single pillow and get the second for $5. Excellent timing, thank you Target. I dash out and buy two pillows. Now the bed looks complete.

--------------------------

I remake Elder's bed while she is away. Chances are high that she will not be returning except for a weekend dash to pick up some belongings and possibly Fred. She has been living at home since March and only managed to grab 2 or maybe 3 job interviews. She goes away for the weekend and manages 4 job interviews and 4 job offers. Now she needs to decide which one/s she wants. None of them are full time I believe.

The bed is a mammoth task. I can't move the bed and it's close to the wall. It feels like it takes almost an hour to get it done, and after that, I'm done for the rest of the day.

----------------------------

I settle in to watch something on the Crime Investigation channel. Foxtel or cable if you will. But when it comes on, the tv is set to ABC. I don't know why. A program is on that catches my attention. It is The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, based on books by Alexander McCall Smith. I've read some of them and really like them. An hour and a half later it finishes and I'm still watching it.

Sunday night's crime didn't get a look in this week.....

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

well, there had better be something on crime channel this sunday!

sorry about the pillow thing, but didn't see the point when the cabin had them already :-( more junk to carry!

looking forward to catching up! xx

JoeinVegas said...

Bring your own pillows? Kind of harsh on guests there.

Colleen Barnett said...

yeah, Joe, she's a horror on her guests! haha!