Friday, December 30, 2011

No notes! What am I gonna write about now?

It's really really hard to keep to a routine if you aren't in the right place I've found. I'm not at work so I've missed updating my journal. Whoops....

And I've discovered I've not kept notes for the last week. Or two. Oh dear. I knew those holes in my memory were going to give me trouble one day.

-----------------

We're basking in the warmth of the water. Yes, the system was finally fixed. It's amazing what you don't miss till you haven't got it anymore. MOTH talked the plumber into fixing the mixer tap in the kitchen while he was about.

HOT WATER! And quickly too! I'm wondering how we'll go in winter. I suspect cold showers will abound. We tend to get hot water in summer and cold water in winter. Yay for us!

-----------------

I think I know why I have no notes. I didn't take my 'notepad' with me to work. But just realised I have notepad on my phone. *duh* But no, notes not there either.

-----------------

Friday morning 23 December seemed to fly. Permission to take an early mark *noon* and of course that's when everything needs to be done that morning, right? A plea to MOTH for a lift and he obliges. Wonderful wonderful taxi man. I make it out around 12.30pm.

-----------------

The oven gets a workout Christmas Eve. A roast duck and then roast pork. They are going to be served cold the next day. With salad. I'm so adventurous with my Christmas menu! There is no point really. The Teen, MOTH and I are lucky to make it through a packet of cheezels, a packet of twisties, the duck, some salad and the pork.

A quick nip out to the shops to pick up some last minute supplies and I decide I would spend the voucher that I had been told to open earlier. Yes, I was! Mother told me to open it. She did.

I come home with some new clothes and a little bit of change as well *is happy*.

-----------------

I find a text from the Teen on Christmas day. Sent just past midnight. It's Christmas Day, can we open presents now?? Cheeky thing.

-----------------

We have breakfast first. Bacon and eggs on the barbecue. I decide to give everyone the day off and load the dishes into the dishwasher for the day.

Usually Teen insists on MOTH donning the Santa hat and giving out the gifts one by one. A hangover tradition from my childhood. This year she throws herself on the floor at the tree and starts handing them out to everyone as she goes through looking for hers. I take my time, as usual. I think I've done well this year.


Although I don't have a photo of my WoW mouse mat or my vouchers ...

------------------------

I've been busy planning what DVDs I shall get with my vouchers. I have a list; when I get to the store in question I'll know what I'm looking for. Usually when I get to those places the choice is overwhelming I can't remember what it was that I wanted.

I end up with Serenity, Sherlock Holmes, Constantine. Also Transporter 3 *yaaaay! jason!* Red Riding Hood, Prince of Persia. That should keep me out of trouble for a little while.

The rest of the day is spent at Besties with her family. Bring your leftovers she says. That's difficult, the only leftovers we have is a little pork. And some duck, but she's not getting that! It's also a chance to catch up with a couple of her friendly neighbours. And another set we haven't met before. We leave as it's getting dark; MOTH doesn't like driving in the dark and when we look at the clock in the dashboard, we've been there for 7 hours!

------------------------

MOTH went for a sleep test last night. He's not sure what the results will be as he didn't get much sleep! I couldn't get comfortable, it was too noisy... Ah well, I guess we shall see.

------------------------

Today I plan to see how well the mixer works. Letcha know how that goes. When I figure out what pan to use since I don't have the required size or shape.

5 comments:

Chris H said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR chick, may this new year bring you happiness and health.

Butterfly Kissez said...

I love the mixer!!! Does it come in purple?? If so I want one!!! I only have a small electric hand beater.

*pratte* I have been such a pratte...my first time back on blogs since July I just noticed...*oops*

Butterfly Kissez said...

Oh and Happy New Year!!!

JoeinVegas said...

Happy New Year!

Eggs on the barbie? Don't they slip through the grate?

Colleen Barnett said...

Wow, I think your Christmas was more exiting than mine. Dobby got up early, we sat on the two beds with the box of gifts between us. Fluffy handed them out. We all did very well, too. Then veged till prawns and crackers and dip for lunch. Clean up, then vege again. Absolutely nothing else. 'Citing, hey?

*boxin*... Hmmm, boxin day wasn't much better! hahahah!