Monday, February 20, 2012

Cat! Get off that!



Kitties. They have a way of getting their own way, don't they.

A quiet week this week.

I've taken to driving to work 4 days a week. This last fortnight has worked out far more economical than the bus fare. I wonder how long it will continue now that fuel has jumped to around $1.50 a litre??

A VW classic! It's headed the other direction. Every panel is a different colour. A regular hodge podge of colours. I'm guessing it might not be intentional because it's not shiny. Make it so!

My birthday provides an opportunity for a day off. I intend to stay on the couch. All day. Catch up on my tv viewing and practice my negotiation skills. Maybe I can get MOTH to make me breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't get to spend it on the couch.

I'm up early so no breakfast in bed. But I get bacon and a fried egg for breakfast. He's even sacrificed one of his round egg rings. Usually I prefer my eggs 'free range' in the pan, but MOTH likes order.

MOTH begs me to accompany him to the Village. I get dressed and go with him. He buys me a soft serve vanilla yoghurt with a forest berry puree. It's from Wendy's. Yes, here Wendy's sells icecream and hotdogs. Not burgers. The soft serve is delicious and the berries a wonderfully tart contrast.

Birthday money from Mother has arrived. What to spend it on? Decisions, decisions! I try on several items of clothing. That, or a new book. I'm torn. I eventually decide on the apparel.

Last weekend MOTH trimmed the trees. The branches are still in the yard waiting to be trimmed to put in the canvas bag. I trim some of those and give Fred a hand grooming. He's still shedding his winter coat. The patio looks like a black rug where I haven't yet swept.

I let MOTH off making lunch. *generous i know!* I don't feel hungry when he's ready for his. He cooks me dinner; chicken kiev with vegetables with icecream and Sara Lee cheesecake for dessert. Wicked!

I've just had a script filled but when I look at the box, the colour is different. I look again and the dose is different. Wait up a minute now! I'm confused. The script indicates it's been dispensed before. Many times. The pack that I've just finished shows it was dispensed last December and that was the last repeat. I'm not game enough to take the higher dose. I call the surgery to check. The receptionist tells me I should be taking the higher dose. Now I'm really confused. I make an appointment to sort it out with the doctor.

The visit is swift and we decide to leave it at the lower dose. I just don't know how that twist happened...

4 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

So the chemist has not been filling your script properly? that's odd, yes? time to change chemist...

Glad you had a nice birthday. I had a lovely birthday weekend for you, if that helps?

And I love that kitties get to do what the please. All is right with the world...

JoeinVegas said...

You must have a lot of fuzz flying around the house with that lot

Gastronomy Gal said...

I didn't know that Wendy's sold burgers in the states... Funny the small differences that are so big. That being said, I don't think I have ever eaten anything from Wendy's.

Chris H said...

I like Wendy's yoghurt with berries too.
And good on you for checking about that medication... you might have been ill taking the 'new' higher dose one.