Monday, February 06, 2012

February, how do I love thee?

Not because it's St Valentine's day. Every day that I know he's in the house or waiting for me to get home from work is Valentines Day.

Nope, it's my birthday month! I get a phone call from my mum, the kids might text me and we don't do anything special. But I like it's my birthday. Odd, considering I don't like getting old.

The office move has happened and I think I'm all settled in. We're out in the middle of the scrub and there are no close facilities. But the office is much nicer. Another group from campus has been moved out here as well, so there is talk around the water cooler that they may be opening a canteen at some point. See. I said there were no facilities...

There are six car parks out the front of our building. I'm standing there and looking back at the office front door.

This is from the front corner of the building looking out across the back fence ... so to speak. The car parks are behind me. We are closest to the gate and there are other buildings further down the hill (behind the guard rail)

And here is my new desk.

Certainly more space, and the boxes are gone now.

Being surrounded by bush, there seems to be a variety of wildlife about. Not including me of course. *heh i'm wishin* Today as I look out the door *me desk is directly opposite the glass front doors* I see two bush turkeys run past.

I'm bored and step outside briefly. On the path outside is a water dragon.

I'm on my way out to the "facilities". There is a unisex one in the office but I prefer to head for the single sex ones below. Unfortunately, I have to exit the building on our level and come in again below. There is a butcher bird family on the grass. One of the chicks looks injured. It looks up at me with bright black beady eyes before fleeing. Must have been trying to figure out what I was ... *quiet in the peanut gallery!*

Whoa! There is a teeny gecko I've nearly stepped on. I pick it up and place it outside. Probably it will get eaten by a bigger one. Or belted up for tresspass. I might not have done it any favours at all.

MOTH has another sleep test tonight. He will be fitted for a CPAP machine. I finish work early and we head to Maccas for dinner before he heads off to the test. We walk past the outdoor area to the tune of high pitched screams. Sigh... But on a lighter note we espy two boys wearing morph suits! One is bright blue with a matching curly wig; the other is bright yellow. And I've left my phone at home tonight! Argh!

I look at the yard. It's been raining and it hasn't been done for ages. I'm sure I can see tigers. And I can't find the stepping stones to the gazebo anymore. I pull some weeds, taking care to avoid the HUGE spider that's built a nest among the taller ones.

Repeat that process the next day, although today MOTH is mowing a couple of patches. I watch him carefully. The day is humid and hot and I don't want him to over do it! Maybe I should think about mowing occasionally? ... ... nah!

We head out to the shops this morning. It doesn't feel right. The centre doesn't hold the markets any more. We decide to put fuel in the car before we head in. While MOTH works the bowser, I notice a young man in full leathers. He puts on his helmet and I see it sports a bright blue mohawk!

Plenty of oddballs out this week.

But that's ok, Bones is back! But I'm not sure about this Bones/Booth/Happy family thing...

3 comments:

The elder said...

Totally read that as CRAP machine....

Colleen Barnett said...

Yeah, Elder, the local chemist sells those things and I ALWAYS read it that way :-)

I bet he will think of it as a CRAP machine for a while too.

Wish I could get Fluffy to go get one. Sigh.

Still, lizards! Lucky you. I get to hear a lot of birds, specially in spring...

JoeinVegas said...

Haven't seen a new Bones in ages - used to watch all the time until they moved Big Bang to the same time. Booth and Bones married? wow.

Sounds like it took you a lot less time to unpack than it did to pack up. Office looks large, and out in the wild - nice.