Monday, July 16, 2012

I love this!


It's a great shot. :)

Nothing much has been happening lately. MOTH has been sick and I have been keeping a low profile, hoping I don't catch it. He's been on a course of antibiotics for the last week and it seems to be easing. I'm gradually beginning to breathe again as I have seemed to have missed it. *of course, having just said that...* I took him to the doctor before I went to work this week. I'm grateful for flexible starting hours. I didn't get to work until nearly lunch time!

Things have been quiet at work. Admin2 returned from holidays this week. It's been sort of busy doing both her work and mine, but certainly waaaay easier to handle than the six week stint I usually have to cover over the Christmas/New Year break she takes.

I've put in for my holidays. Ekka week, and two weeks at the beginning of January next year. Maybe I can sneak in a day or two in between. I don't think she was happy, but like my super says, I got in first. She also didn't realise that Admin2 takes that time period EVERY year?? Yes, that's the emphasis she put on it.

It's tax time again, and I make an appointment. I hate making these appointments. I don't know why, but I am really out of my comfort zone doing this kind of stuff. I have all my papers and off we go. MOTH decides to come with me. WHAT?? No more dependent spouse rebate? This is the last year I can claim? Sigh. Typical. The Government gives with one hand and takes away with the other. Apparently the rebate no longer exists for non-working spouses born after 1952. The new tax changes that have increased the tax free threshold do NOT in any way come close to compensating for this loss. This is a huge blow as it pays my bills which all seem to come in at that time of year and lets me buy small things for Christmas that I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. Look out Froggy, no presents for you next year not just no birthday ones! The change doesn't take into account any spouse that CAN'T work either. MOTH is on a disability pension.

The storeman is over today to collect his 'reward' for helping us ship things to our conference in May. We donate chocolates and a backpack for him. Usually we drop it off - Admin2 always seems to drag me along - but since we've relocated, it isn't as easy. He's carrying a box out to the car and as I see him in my peripherals, he takes a misstep out the door. Whoa! Luckily he steadies himself before he hits the next step but it's a close run thing. Imagine the horror of the rest of the department if the storeman is laid off with a broken ankle! My heart slows and as he leaves I remind him to watch the step. We laugh.

I have had a small payment of a work related allowance this week. Whoo! I decide to see if Target has some specials on DVDs. I leave MOTH with the old boys and as I go to walk away, Wombat asks MOTH ... Do you feel just like you're in an old folks home, where they bring you in, sit you down and leave you? Yes, I said. I'm getting in practice. They laugh. I have now decided to call them the Baby Sitters Club.

Yes, Target have specials but certainly not clearance prices. I purchase three. Choosing was a brain destroying exercise! I ended up with Harry Potter 7.2, Captain America and Jason Statham's Blitz.

I get the DVDs home and pop them on the shelves ..... and discover that I don't have Harry Potter 7.1. That must have been Elder's copy. Whoops.

I also tried to find a second pair of flanny jammies. I only have one pair and with the cold and rainy weather we've been having, getting them dry has been difficult. I don't have a dryer, and this weather is the only time I miss it. But none my size. Siiiiigh. When I get home, I look at the ones I have. Oh! They did have this size. I forgot I had bought 1 size bigger as I  like them really baggy. Back the next day and grab a pair.

Ahhhh warm flanny jammies....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Yes, ahh with flanny jammies. I need new ones. Mine are a little, well, small, now.

WHAT?? No more prezzies? That cannot happen! haha. Never mind. Just means I won't have to buy you one! lol!

*like I'd be that mean* grin.