Monday, September 17, 2012

The Dr is in the House!

Well, he's not really. He's on my iPad at work. Except this week because I forgot to bring it.

Our ABC is screening this series on their website prior to it screening on Free To Air. Which is totally delightful, and I'm really enjoying this series. So far. This is week three. If it continues in the same vein of fun as it has begun, it will be a ripper.

Rode the bus to work twice this week. And what do you know? I've seen some odd things. Driving to work never gives me much of an opportunity for the weird!

I'm staring out the bus window as we pass through the city on the way to the last stop. Oh. There's a cat on the ledge at the edge of the garden bed. Wait. No, not a cat. What is it? Still thinking it's some sort of animal *a possum?* I look again and realise it's ... A WIG! Someone has left their hair the in the garden! And it wasn't even a party wig...

Cruising along the riverside, daydreaming out the window. Yes, I'm on the bus. Again. Oh. The dredge is right alongside the river bank. There is a truck and a 4WD parked on it. Spares I guess, just in case the water gets a bit shallow? You never know!

Today is R U OK day. The wider work *we are but merely a part of a whole* is having a morning tea. I've RSVP'd in the affirmative as it is in a good cause, particularly after recent events. It turns out that no one else in my office is going. Slack, lazy lot! For heaven's sake, it means a 10 minute shuttle bus ride to and from campus! *shakes head*

Since I'm catching the bus, I let all know that I will be going straight there instead of coming into the office first. I can pick up GM's replacement mobile, some coffee beans to replenish the machine while I'm there. My supervisor is fine with this. Morning tea is early at 09:30 to avoid a clash with another meeting. The morning tea is great; set up out on the balcony. Fortunately there is some small amount of shade for the tables but the tim tams are still getting a bit soft! The sun has bite in it, even at this time of day.

There are many faces there that are familiar but whose names I don't know. But I have asked some of those I do know how they have been. It is actually good to catch up with them. I don't know why my lot don't seem to want to make the effort. Off now to catch the shuttle and ..... darn. It's driving up the road and I'm still too far from the stop for him to see me if I wave.

I let my supervisor know and settle down for a half hour wait till the next one. Brilliant day weather wise and I'm glad I'm outdoors.

Turns out work had their own spur of the minute thing.

Saturday I look at the kitchen window and think it needs cleaning. I'll try the new Norwex cloth. I've used just water and most of the grime lifts off and it doesn't streak. Impressive. I wipe some of the cupboard fronts, splashback and bench tops.

But now I can see the grass. It's dying in a very rapid way. Out to water it but there is no nozzle on the hose! Dammit. I use it anyway and try to make spray using my fingers. It works. In that I get soaked. Without even realising it at first. Think being blonde is rubbing off.

I've shifted clothes and folded up the stretcher bed. MOTH helps me move the single bed from the end room to replace the stretcher. The chair moves as well, along with the small cabinet. Yes folks, Elder and Burrich are coming down to house hunt. But with all their funiture in tow. Yep, they are moving in...

I'm looking out the front window. Again, the lawn is dead. In fact, it's worse than the side lawn. The hedge is totally overgrown but at least it hasn't taken over the stairs up to the front door. Okay. I get the pruning shears and clip a couple of the branches. The pruning shears are dull as, so I can't take the bigger ones. Ah well, looks like it's something that is going to take all summer to accomplish. I don't really want MOTH to get into it. He's too messy! Heh.

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

O warmth of sun, how I doth miss thee! It's bloody cold here. Still.

So Elder has finally decided to come house hunting. I wish them both luck (not lunch as I originally typed...) Hopefully she can find a good job too. Help with the bills. It's so tough for kids now isn't it?

Wait, they're not exactly kids anymore are they... *feels old...*

JoeinVegas said...

Moving in with all of their furniture? Not to storage? I am looking forward to interesting stories of living with unexpected (well, you are expecting them) relatives.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor you. Don't let them get too comfy... :-D moose xx