Monday, November 19, 2012

Someone's gonna do it

Yes, occasionally I do have "someone else" at my place who will do things. Not often, but occasionally.

I think I gave that someone a small mention in my last post. The litter tray checker is the Elder. Hopeless at remembering she has to unpack the dishwasher, but often remembers to check the litter tray.

The dishwasher seems to be Burrich. His job is to stack the dishwasher and kick it off before bed. Hers is to unpack it the next morning. Although I have set the dishes job to both of them it's usually he who remembers and she forgets entirely.

Things haven't panned out the way the Teen was hoping they might. At the moment she's living with Harry and his parents while she waits for a friend to relocate close by so they can share. It seems that the friend is having second thoughts and may not relocate at all. The rumour mill has it that some ex-friends of Teen's have been buzzing in her friend's ear against the move and the Teen. This upsets Teen greatly as friend has a small child and Teen feels the mosquitoes do not have the best interests of the child at heart.

On a brighter note, I did find out that her Christmas employment is actually permanent full time.

But again, on the whole "not catching an even break" side of things, it seems she may have to relocate back home as the arrangement with Harry was purely temporary.

Wednesday I had off work after coming down with a nasty head cold. I slept a fair bit that day. I can't take pseudoephadrine, so have to wait for the homeopathic remedy from the Chemist to kick in. It can take a couple of days.

Thursday was much the same.

Friday I was supposed to take MOTH to have an ECG done. I was still too claggy to leave the house and join the great unwashed. The Elder dropped her plans and went along with him. He has the printouts but needs to make an appointment with his GP for the final results. There is still some back flow and things might be getting to the point where something may need to be done. Not bad really, considering he had the heart attack at least 10 years ago now with no surgery required before now.

The weekend dawns overcast with showers forecast. It doesn't take long for the showers to become storms. One in the morning. One in the afternoon. A quick break and then another.

Sunday follows a similar pattern with one in the morning and a severe one in the late afternoon. We hear reports of hail in other areas; I think we manage a couple of stones about marble size. Nothing exciting there.

Burrich makes a comment over my shoulder about the afternoon light. I look out the window - there is an eerie red tint to the afternoon. I take a couple of pictures to see if I can catch it. I can't. Not really.


Being holed up with a stuffy head and lots of rain has been a good time to settle in to watch movies. I think I've managed to rack up the hiring of at least 8 dvds. Thank goodness for discount vouchers!

I've not watched them all, but I've made do with Battleship *better than i thought but not amazing* Pirates *an aardman animation which was great fun* The Hunger Games *enjoyable and even though he's not a main player, boy Donald Sutherland's character is not pleasant* .... and would you believe I can't remember the others!

Except Daniel Radcliffe's The Woman in Black. I saw this one at the cinema and thought it atmospheric. I had hoped to watch it with Elder and Burrich. In the dark. But they both piked so I only watched a part of it. Damn them all *shakes fist*

But since I piked before I got really spooked the action started, I still slept well. Yay for lingering head colds that make me sleepy!

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I still have to see Woman In Black. Sam will enjoy that one.

Where is Teen's job? Maybe she can find some share accommodation in Rocky or something? Hopefully something comes along to help.

Chris H said...

I too have lots of DVD's to watch... my soon to be DIL brought heaps into the house... so one day...

We had a cracker jack storm here last week too.. with hail. I love a good storm.

Wow I hope MOTH is OK.

JoeinVegas said...

Sick a long time - come on, get better already