Monday, November 05, 2012

Another week over and I'm deeper in debt

St Peter doncha call me cause I can't go, I owe my life to the Company ... whatever that next bit is. I forget.

But it seems that is all my life is these days. Out of bed, off to work, home to cook, off to bed, out of bed, off to work and so on until the days just begin to blend one into the other.

And then I get to deviate slightly and head out to a shopping centre and discover... the Christmas decorations are up. Horror!

Elder and Burrich report to Centrelink to take some papers back and check his payment, only to discover that Centrelink has all the necessary stuff, they just need to process it. No rush, hey. It's not like it's important or anything, right? And by Elder's previous dealings, Burrich should have 'reported' that day to receive his first payment. But it's not ready and so the stress begins.

It's not helping when she tries to do her budget. So many expenses, so little budget.

Was it last week I mentioned it? Or was it early this week it happened? The devil has been visiting *i'm informed the devil's name is not Lucifer, but is actually Alzheimers. who would have thought!* and I can't remember if I mentioned it previously. Elder has managed to pick up some Christmas casual work. She had delivered her paperwork and hopefully will be able to start soon. She's very happy with this. Although it is retail, it's in the realm of her dream job. She's back with EB Games.

The stress continues when she's informed that the person who is looking after her dog Heffe can no longer do so. I'm desperate not to say "I told you so" but it had been suggested that this would happen. Now she needs to decide if she can afford a boarding kennel.

She's resumed her house hunting, although she has informed me that the funds she had been relying on have all been used. Maybe they can qualify for a rental bond loan. She won't know still she investigates. She's emailed some realtors about some properties and is somewhat put out to find the replies have all gone to her junk mail box. Not only that, when she goes to open one of the messages, they all delete and don't appear in the deleted folder. Uh oh.

I've come home from work and the bbq is missing from it's spot. Oh, there it is. It's been moved into the gazebo. And the wheel had dropped off. Well, at least the boards from my planter have come in handy for something!

Inspection is coming up soon and MOTH has dug the karcher out of the garage. He's busily hosing off the entertainment area. Gosh what a difference! He's hosed the cement and the plastic furniture and it's amazing! Even Elder got out and had a play with the hose.

The airconditioning has been playing up a bit. Well, the fan goes and it blows air but not cooling. The sparky comes for a look and decides the capacitor needs replacing. He does that and all is good.

It's all happening this week. Now the drain in the kitchen sink is running really slowly. It's a double sink and it backs up and both sinks fill and drain slowly. We have put drain cleaner down several times but nothing is making a difference. MOTH pulls the pipe apart and though it is coated with goop, it's not enough to block the drain. It looks like we will have to get the plumber in for a look as the blockage must be much further down where we can't go. Never rains but it pours, right?

Burrich is on cooking duty tonight. Home made lasagne. Nice one! I make dessert, MOTH's favourite. Lemon sago and custard. Dinner is ready early and Burrich seems a little disappointed. Not his best effort he says. I don't mind, it tastes great to me. Elder suggests it's the oven. A little hit and miss is our oven. You can't always guarantee the results. But at least I didn't have to cook it, right?

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I feel for ya, girl. There is nothing in this world that beats the horrible "no funds" feeling. Been there, done that. Begged from the church for food even. It's not pleasant AT ALL.

Hugs for all

xxxx

JoeinVegas said...

So it looks like Elder will be with you permanently then. Plus a dog.
Here is your reference:
http://youtu.be/Joo90ZWrUkU