Monday, November 26, 2012

Coffee with sugar.

I know I put sugar in that. Where did it go? Ohhhh, just dawned on me I didn't check the grind settings...

I didn't take notes, thinking to myself, oh I'll remember that. I should have known better. I've been forgetting so many things lately. I'm not sure if it's just an old age thing or if it's the shadow of the Dog. My sibling would have me believe it's old age, but it's gotten to the point where I feel it's beginning to affect work performance. Oops!

.... Admin2 has just phoned me. She's on holidays. She's offered me her ice break coffee drink she's left in the fridge so it doesn't go to waste...

A day for coffee.

Had my first First Aid Officer encounter this week. And it wasn't even one of ours. One of the general ITS staff was over this way and looking for a first aid kit. He'd cut the top of his finger with a stanley knife. No problem. An antiseptic wipe, pressure, bandaid and one for spares. Away he went.

OH&S day at work today. We have a questionnaire to complete about ergonomically setting up our workspace. I think I meet in most things, however it's difficult to get the correct angle between shoulder and forearm when you are ..... fun sized. If I get the angle right for leg/feet placement using a foot stool, I'm not tall enough for the arm angle. And the chair doesn't lift any higher. But wait! If I did that, I'd lose on the leg angle. Ah well. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Assessment is done but I didn't mark the boxes with ticks. Oh. Seems we were supposed to do that, get it signed and return it. Apparently I'm not the only one - they've given us extra time to get the form back.

I went with MOTH to visit with the Baby Sitters Club. It's been a while and I told one of the daughters that I would be there. Haven't seen her for a while. We are planning a bbq for the coming weekend and time is getting away from me. Apparently MOTH and I are hosting it, as a belated birthday gathering for Stanley. We were thinking there would be about *whoops! update - 11* of us but the number has dropped a bit. Wombat and his wife may not be there as he thinks he may have a gig. *all this after whinging for a couple of weeks that he didn't get an invitation. a written one that is* and Stanley's daughter may not be able to make it after all.

Still, I'm looking forward to it. I think I will be generous and let MOTH use the bbq this time.

While we are there, Wombat suddenly points out the crowd that has gathered. They're here to visit with Santa. He recalls when he used to do it there were no photos and no chair. Santa walked through the shopping centre and handed lollies to the kids. You can't do that these days!

The bell starts ringing and Santa slowly comes in. He has an entourage today. Cap'n Jack, Fiona, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. They arrive together, much to the kid's delight, then Santa goes to his chair and the others continue on. To the gingerbread house me hearties! *doesn't have the same ring, does it*


I don't recall much else has happened this week. Just the usual going crazy with stress at work. If only I could find some way to make my wage without actually working....

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

and I STILL say it's age. I just went through all that "affecting work performance" stuff and I'm younger than you, so get your act together girlie! lol

And how many are coming? You seem to be missing a number.... but that's just old age, right?

:-)

JoeinVegas said...

Did you go sit on Santa's knee, or Jack's?