Monday, August 19, 2013

Gymnast: One who is trained and skilled in gymnastics...

Sometimes I have occasion to wonder if this is something the old bod desires without necessarily telling me about it. I seem to have put something out in my neck. Or done something to my shoulders. In my sleep no less. Certainly I can't recall having done anything to have set it off.

Though I might have made it worse today. Jerome broke out. I've been letting him roam a little while I peg out washing. He's gotten to the point that starting the machine or picking up the laundry basket begins the let-me-out-now dance. Jerome, not me. *ha!* He even stands still while I put the collar and bell on him. He doesn't wear it indoors. We go out together and I let him roam around the yard unsupervised for a little while. Today, I stepped outside with the second load just in time to see him launch himself at one of the native birds. With his bell and collar still on! I managed to hold him down while the bird got away. I pegged washing. He hung around. No, he roamed near my feet. Suddenly there's rustling on the other side of the fence and Jerome and the Next Door cat start yodelling at each other. Jerome walked down the fence line and suddenly jumped. I lunged and Jerome went over the wall. I just went over, and jarred my shoulder at the same time. See. Gymnastics.

I was a bit worried, but a couple hours later he sauntered back, nonchalant as you please, to wait at the door for admittance. Moseyed to his dish, turned up his nose and flopped on the floor to await a fresh food refill. Darned cat.

The Elder informed me she was coming to collect her gear. Whoo! It turns out though it's only her and Burrich in the Rio. So she isn't collecting ALL of her things. They come in Sunday afternoon. It's great to see them. They are tired so they sleep a little. She's trying not to sleep too much so she isn't up all night. They are off to bed early.

They head out to the city and the Ekka today. Things are quiet. They aren't home for dinner.

I've been wanting to go into the city while I'm on leave. Not for any particular reason, just because I like to do this for something different. MOTH asks me if I want to go in on Sunday. Why Sunday? Just cause. Who are you meeting? No one! I'm suspicious but let it drop.

Elder wants to stay an extra day but Burrich has to work tomorrow. With some gentle prodding they sort through some stuff and pack as much as they can in the car. Our garage is still full though. I've got a plan for that. If I repack some stuff I can probably make some space. I notice that when they packed up, they have thrown stuff in boxes without labeling things. Or packing properly. Some stuff can be combined in other boxes to make a smaller pile. I've started, and moved a couple of things and made quite a dent already. They head off at lunch time on Tuesday.

The rest of the day and Wednesday is quiet.

Thursday Teen and Harry arrive, fresh from their travel to New Zealand. Both of them have thick rattly coughs. And complain about the heat. But I guess that's to be expected when you come from snow to 27C temperatures. They've brought me chocolates from the Cadbury factory and MOTH a silver fern coffee cup. We giggle over the gifts they've brought for their friends.

Teen and Harry head into the city the following day and all is quiet. Seems to be a repeat of earlier in the week! Saturday morning we watch a movie, they repack and we head out to the airport. This time we don't accidentally detour and we stick to the tunnels all the way through. Yay!

Sunday we start the morning with a gathering of the Club. There is lots of laughing and digging at each other. Special K is there today. It's always rowdier when she's there. MOTH and I catch the train into the city. I investigate a new *to me* comic book store. I have plans to visit Dymocks later. And my usual comic store. MOTH leaves me at the new comic store as it's two flights up with no lift. We meet back at the food court where I find MOTH drinking a coke.

After a time, he ducks off somewhere and leaves me at the table. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I look up. It's Sapphire and her baby Jelly Bean! And her parents! She's holidaying over this side of the country at their place and thought she'd sneak in a surprise visit. Jelly Bean is seven months old now and I've not seen a happier baby. He giggles, and bounces on my lap. He smiles, chews on his fist, and gurgles. He even takes a nap on his mum's chest in the middle of the food court. We sit, have lunch and chat for a couple of hours. JB didn't even whimper during that time. I am impressed. She's managed to snap a couple of photos before we go our separate ways.

I head off to find my usual comic store. They've relocated and I'm not sure which end of the street they are. I think we've gone too far. I turn and look down the street. Wait! There's the sign for the shop they are next to. It's HUGE. How the heck did I miss that? I pop up the stairs and browse. MOTH heads to the nearby camping store. I buy volume 4 of the Basilisk Kouga Scrolls manga, and it's not till we are on our way home that I realise I've forgotten to visit Dymocks.

I'm toying with the idea of playing Minecraft. Yes please Joe, let me know what server you are on. Elder plays as well but doesn't play online. I'll have to delay the purchase a little though as I think I need to give these shoulders a rest! And I'll be busy dodging the head cold germs MOTH is blowing about the house right now. Thanks for the extra gift Teen!

2 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

You have to get Minecraft first. Play with it on your local machine, then go to
http://towncraftserver.com/home/
register and they give you the address. No charge, unless you like then donate. Let me know when you're on and I'll give you my locations. (or go straight up the North street from Spawn to the end, I'm on the left and take the subway to my farm.

Colleen Barnett said...

sounds like a fun time. both kids, Sapphire and Jelly Bean. Social little thing aren't you?