Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tea, glorious tea

I've found a new blend of tea. Actually two. Both of these I don't need to sweeten too much and I can drink them without milk. Glory be! Lipton green tea with mandarin. Lipton black tea with orange. I'm sensing a pattern here. So now I'm drinking a lot more tea. I am still to decide if this is a good thing or not.

I'm back at work part time and survived my first week. My supervisor is determined that I will work only on the things she tells me to, none of the other managers are permitted to ask me to do anything. So for four hours a day I work on the backlog of travel, fixing mistakes made while I was away. There's a lot of it. I was told that they thought the travel and credit card reconciliations were being kept up to date, but if they were any sort of manager they would have been straight onto finding out what needed to be done and making sure it did get done. You can't expect one person to do the work of two for three months when they have a busy job of their own to tend to. *whoo, look at me! defending admin2* And that's when micro managing would have been needed, not constantly in every other circumstance.

In the meantime, I have finished the story line of Tomb Raider and now I'm just going back taking my time and exploring areas I didn't complete last time. I'm still interested in taking up Minecraft but the budget insists I wait a bit first. I'm okay with that.

I miss not having the time to catch up with the Club now. I could do Saturday and Sunday mornings but now I'm back at work my weekends are once again too precious to spend out of the house. I use my weekends to unwind, relax, and recharge for the coming week. So, I spend them at home. Time out at the shops is wasted when I could be on the couch zoning in front of the telly, or gaming, or even occasionally pottering about doing housework.

I caught up with the Club for the morning. Wombat had told MOTH that I have really come out of my shell. So just for laughs I tackled Wombat for calling me a turtle. He was a little confused at first, then when he realised he laughed along with everyone else. This is a far cry from what he was like when I first met him. I don't mind having his presence at the table now. A new Italian fellow has joined them. The rest of the Club aren't quite sure as Luigi is very .... voluble. Which means Club regulars sometimes have a hard time getting their two bob in. Not necessarily a good thing for oldies who like to tell stories and chatter. He's a nice bloke though if he would just stop yapping...

Sunday I sent MOTH up to the shops by himself and I tackled some housework. And by housework I mean vacuuming and mopping. I only went as far as I could with the cleaner attached to that power point. Not quite all the way up the hallway, but the toilet, laundry, bathroom, second hallway, kitchen, and rumpus room got done. Jerome has learned that the cleaner won't actually do him harm and no longer runs for cover. Some days I would like to vacuum him though as he's losing so much hair! The house is full of tangles of black fur and blonde hair. We both must be shedding our winter coats. I have to empty the cleaner at one point and end up doing my usual trick. I dropped the filter in the wheelie bin. This means tipping it on its side while I retrieve the offending part. Luckily it's lined so I could lift the bag and grab the filter.

MOTH came home and remarked on the dust on the front of my pyjamas *yeah, i didn't get dressed first*. Oh yeah, I said. I needed to empty the cleaner and it exploded all over me. Did you drop anything? *what is he suggesting exactly?* Ummm, yes. I dropped the filter. He rolls his eyes. Did you get it? Well, yes, course I did. Okay, what about the rubbing ring *i swear the man doesn't trust me* and we pulled the cleaner apart to make sure I hadn't lost the rubber seal. Nope, still there. He has already had to glue the two halves together because I lost the other rubber seal. Oops...

I see an offer on Facebook from a page I like and I decide to bite the bullet and take it up. It's a Spring Package from a local salon for about $160. They state a saving of $234. All I know is that what they offer for $160 is a darned good deal. So, maybe a new me soon? We shall see....

3 comments:

Iliska Dreams said...

I have been doing the tea thing big time. But I am drinking fruit tea from T2. Just a tad addicted.

JoeinVegas said...

Glad you are transitioning back into work slowly. Hope you can figure out the leftovers from admin 2.
Have you done Fallout - Las Vegas? I got it when it came out, played for days and still didn't finish. Have to pick it up again.
Still having fun on Minecraft, hope to link up someday.

Colleen Barnett said...

Half the week down, another half to go... ick. Holidays for me soon! Woohoo!

I like that lipton green tea with mandarin. I had it at work in Adelaide because we never had milk in the office. I do like it sweet though. I can't drink tea without sweetening it.