Monday, November 25, 2013

Airconditioning, where are you?

Bright Monday morning and the work air conditioning is failing. Yoiks. It's now 27C in the office. Stuffy! And I only mentioned to MOTH this morning it was almost a pleasure to go to work for the air conditioning. Looks like I broke it.

I've had my weekly meeting with Super. There are plenty of things on my To Do list now. And I have had some clear deadlines set. They might be a little tough to meet, but this makes things easier and I wish it had been done before. Things are going a little smoother but it's too late now.

Filled the car with fuel the morning, and I can't wait to get to work. Because I love driving the car. MOTH is having to get used to the view from the passenger side when we go out. And I don't think he's happy.

Christmas shopping today. But I allow MOTH to join the Club first. This is seriously going to decrease our chances of getting a park at the mall I want to shop at. For both the big malls you need to arrive early. Parking is very much at a premium by 10:30am. We joke with the others that we need peace, and karma, good will, and a parking space will be available for us. Traffic is very heavy when we finally get to the mall. There are cars everywhere. We decide that we will check where we normally park for the Dr and if there's nothing there we will go home and shop early on Sunday. Nope, nothing. We exit the upper car park ramp to go home and there, right there, across the other lane of traffic a space opens up. I put the indicator on and wait for someone to let me across the traffic. We park and head for the shops. Now most of my shopping is done, only three more to get. I know what one is, but have no idea what to get Mouse and Rabbit. Not a clue.

MOTH keeps the bird feeder stocked with seed. I've thought about putting out some honey for the lorikeets but they seem happy enough to eat the seed. We usually get crested pigeons, turtle doves, rainbow lorikeets, and crows by the ... too many. Occasionally we get a galah or two *quiet peanut gallery!* and a cockatoo. MOTH really likes this cockatoo. He's been close enough to notice it's banded so maybe it was once someone's pet. It comes to the fence and if there is no seed it screeches loudly. And often. Till MOTH comes out and puts more seed out. It sits on the fence near the feeder and watches MOTH will a beady eye till it's satisfied there is enough. MOTH can stand directly below it and hold up his arm. It doesn't jump on, but nor does it fly away. MOTH waits patiently for the day it steps onto his arm.

Wet season is beginning to come through. There have been some big storms but we keep missing them. We get some rain, a bit of wind, thunder, and a lightening show. And a sticky hot humid day the next. I don't mind some rain but it never seems to help. If only a cool breeze would blow after so things aren't so hot and sticky. The weather makes me torpid and more angry than usual. Even though I wake up sweaty, I keep dozing off and can't muster up the energy to do much of anything. I even turned off the computer on Sunday....

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Don't miss Qld summers ONE LITTLE BIT! I think that's why I didn't book my visit for longer this time. I am yet to see a full Sydney summer. Out here we are hotter and colder than the city, and more prone to bush fires. It's great! Always exciting!

Glad MOTH has made a new friend. it's nice when wild birds are tame enough to enjoy. Remember Friday?

Anonymous said...

You're getting us Chrissie Presents?? I have a suggestion for Mouse. Gift vouchers. Lincraft, Big W... Or Charlie Gold or Tabu :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I relate to just about everything you said here SOL :) I've discovered that there's a parking gap between about 10.30 and 11.30 where the early birds are just leaving and the lunch rush hasn't quite started :)) I also feed the wild birds and get harassed if I'm late with their brekkie. Lorikeets, galahs, corellas and doves, it's quite the crowd :)