Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Song sung blue

I kept the eye paint. I could wear one of the blues. It's a dark grey blue. And I didn't bother getting the refund. It was less than $10.

So I'm staring at the light, blinding myself and watching the fan go round. Trying to think of what I did last week. Must have been exciting!

Things have been alright at work. It's like ... maybe she's taking lessons. She's not been over my shoulder as much. She stopped to listen to Admin2 and said "as good as that sounds, I think we should..." Very surprising. Work has mostly been preparing for Admin2 to go on leave. She takes six weeks so it's a big build up. She has to rush to complete as much as she can before she hands over to me.

MOTH has been in a great deal of pain, his back in spasm. I ask if he needs a carer for the day but he insists not. Darn. It's still grabbing but as I walk to the back door today after work I notice he's been busily chopping trees. Naughty, naughty, very naughty.

I drive the new car to work. MOTH says it should be okay but I'm a little wary. I am right to be. I slow down to stop at the lights, she's not too happy to get moving again. I slow down for the next lights. I miss them - she won't move. The engine revs and the car stays put. Uh oh. I turn it off. And turn it back on again. Yes, I know. Totally geeky, right? She moves again but the process repeats when I have to stop at the next lights. Eventually I make it to work and phone MOTH. He calls me back later and comes to take the car to Ash. Ash, the service chappy. That is where she is right now. Waiting for a part. And a gearbox service. I hope that she doesn't require any more. *crosses fingers*

Please hurry up and get that part!

I hope to meet with Super today. Her suggestion, but she's too busy. I'm okay with this as I'm sure she will want to go over what I've managed to accomplish and take me to task for what I haven't. She reschedules for tomorrow.

I have a meeting today to discuss something for the conference next year. We have the discussion and it's suggested that I look into stuff and take on a project for next conference next year. I say nothing. She schedules another meeting for this afternoon. And changes it again. I decide I will have to take the initiative.

So this afternoon I have handed in my notice. It's totally terrifying. But it's done, effective at end of year.

Super appears to be gobsmacked.

MOTH and I go out for dinner. I order a seafood plate. And this arrives at the table....

I HAD TO PEEL THE PRAWNS MYSELF!! *ugh* MOTH spent time laughing at the faces I pulled and noises I made as I peeled them. A waitress came over with a plate for the shells. Not long after she came over with a bowl of water with lemon wedges. She chuckled a little and said "you might want this too". I reckon the staff may have been laughing at my faces too....

I ate most of it. Especially the calamari. I like the stuff they cook there, tasty coating and tender squid. I left the salad and chips and one of the seafood sticks. MOTH laughs at me as I pick up a chip with my fingers and dip it in the sauce. Typical you, he says, out to dinner and you do that. I just grin....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

you just can't take some people out to dinner can you....

congratulations. I hope it all works out for you :-)