Monday, January 27, 2014

Who's been napping in my chair?!

It's all very quiet on the blog front. I wonder if everyone is still recovering from the new year?

Unsupervised, I've changed the rumpus room again. This time I've swapped the desk and the couch. I'm now looking directly at the TV. I thought that usually when I watch I'm sitting at the desk. When I lay on the couch I nap so there is really no point watching the tv from there! *jerome is sitting in MOTH's recliner and watching a tv show about a serial killer. this might very well be a bad omen*

I have had a call from Niece's disability case worker. I had intended that she finish school when she comes to me but it seems that she is two semesters short of the required 24. This means that I will have to organise for her to attend school while she is here. So here we go with the 'back to school' thing. The case worker seems to be very chatty and enthusiastic. However I haven't heard back from her yet *it's only been about three days including a weekend and a public holiday* and since I'm a very proactive person I guess it might be up to me to contact the school to look for information about enrollment.

Ma phone today and some how Niece has found out about needing to go back to school. She is not a happy camper! I wonder though if Niece was fussing about going back to school full stop, not necessarily transferring down here.

The work to clear out Elder's belongings goes slowly. There is still much to pack. Alas, Elder is a bit like Pa *if it wasn't for the 11th hour, nothing would get done* with some things and not a lot of things were sorted or packed properly prior to their departure. There are still some things I will need to get for Niece to occupy the room but luckily a bed isn't one of them.

MOTH was left to pay his phone bill online this time. Usually it's a matter of printing the bill off while I'm at work for him to make a cash payment. This time he thought he would do it online. Payment made he went to check the bank account to see what was left. Uh oh! Panic stations! He's paid too much having accidentally typed a three figure sum instead of two. A frantic call to the telco ensued and he arranged to have the difference refunded. Not fair! he says. You usually do this stuff. This time I had to do the stuff up myself! I giggled.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

*facepalm! Never leave a boy to do a woman's job!

Apparently Niece is a bit worried. She mentioned it again yesterday. But, it'll do her the world of good. She just needs routine and discipline when she does come. Good luck xx