Saturday, March 01, 2014

Ads are repetitive!

Buffy seems to be settling fine. I can now get her to sit and stay when I feed her. And she'll sit when I ask her to. Not so great on the stay when she's not eating. Holes in the garden too it seems but that's new. Maybe she's bored. Not being a dog person I rarely venture outdoors.

Niece is in the house. Things are cruising well. So far. Well, it's been a week, I might as well take this week as good. *ahem* She likes the room. She loves the school. She's made some friends and even has an invitation to afternoon tea in the coming week. From all I've heard before this is very different from home. A lot of the house rules here are different from before so it's a big change. Fingers crossed it continues!

Not working is fun. Almost. Now if only I can think of a way to use this unemployment to generate an income. Hmmmm. Being lazy sure had its downfalls.

Jerome is not liking having the dog about. He now resides at the front end of the house and rarely ventures down my way unless he knows it's after dinner and Buffy has been sent to bed for the night. I have had to close blinds to keep them away from each other. Exciting times here!

Almost finished the round of iron injections. There may be some improvement as I don't seem to want to nap twice a day. Just once. One more injection and then more tests to see how it worked. I'm hoping that will fix it. For this round.

Another email pops up. I haven't yet contacted any of the carer groups. Perhaps I should? Things are going well right now but I guess I should. I like to take things slowly but perhaps I am taking it more slowly than I should. The old case worker is very enthusiastic and checks back with me regularly. Oops!

MOTH and I still have movie vouchers to use. We are debating which movies we would like to see. Divergent? The new 300 movie? Captain America? There are plenty I would like to see but finding one we both agree on can be a bit difficult. I will watch action movies. And I will watch the kids ones too. The Lego Movie! Peabody & Sherman. I'm sure I watched that as a cartoon when I was a kid. I love going to the movies, especially when someone else pays.

Elder and Burrich were down to attend Soundwave. Sometimes I think I would like to go and see the bands and soak up the atmosphere. Then again, maybe I'm too old to cope with SO MANY KIDS! MOTH rode the train up north to help tag team the driving. They brought a ute with them to take back what they could. We did a swap. A bookcase in, Elder's gear out. MOTH returned and set up the bookcase for me. Again, Elder and Burrich ran out of time so MOTH packed the ute. He works hard my MOTH.

I love my bookcase too.

And with some of the stuff gone from the garage, I can find some of my books to put in the bookcase! Yeah! Reading time. Back later peeps....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

I love that bookcase. Wish I had room. Good news about the dog behaving. Sounds like things are cruising nicely. Did you ask your doc why she didn't want to give you an infusion? worked fine for me…

Peabody and Sherman was a great cartoon by the way, yes we did watch it!