Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Two two B or not two two B...

I've just had a flashback for whatever reason. Perhaps I'm reliving my childhood? And my love of the Three Investigators? I loved then so much better than Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew.

It's been four months now since my bloggers have updated. One I know to be on the slack side *slacker!* and one ... I don't know. He used to update regularly. I hope all is well. Maybe he doesn't have time to read and blog anymore.

Ma and Pa seem to have settled into the new place. The Nephew has been spending time helping them tidy the garden a little. I have yet to see it and hopefully I will get up that way for a peek.

As mentioned in the last post *i hear the dogs beginning to howl* MOTH has been finding spending time with the club having an adverse effect on his well being. He hit the withdraw-from-social-contact low. This is not a good sign and means time to intervene. I decided to go for a picnic. The weather is lovely and the days are warm but not humid and hot. We decide on wraps for lunch and I've bought a small container of shortbread as well. Lunch basket packed and we head out.

We've decided on the cottonwoods or Sutton's Beach. It's going to be a bit of a drive. But the battery light comes on. And stays on. Oooookay, maybe the car is just running diagnostics. I's been known to do that. Suddenly the car slows and other lights start popping on. Uh oh. By the time we make it to the nearest shopping centre and find a park, the radio is switching on and off and the dash lights and readouts are doing the same. Battery! we chorus together. As the fates would have it, the car park sign reads full but up one level and immediately there is a spare space. We park and call RACQ. By the time they turn up and look at the fault, it's too late to head out for the picnic as we will have to head back to pick the Niece up from school.

I don't mind, the RACQ chappie is very easy on the eye. He's also tall, long legs and a tight butt as he leans over the engine.

And it seems there is a problem with the alternator. We limp back home and I get a taxi to pick Niece up from school.

I've been selected as a volunteer for the Supanova Cultural Expo for the Gold Coast event. Whoo! Induction is today. Luckily I don't need the car. I jump the bus. Hello bus, it's been a long time. I arrive at 10:30am, a little early. There are a couple of other volunteers waiting. And it seems I'm actually an hour early, not half an hour. Oops. But I'm cool with that, I've packed a lunch for myself so I have a little something to eat. The day lasts until nearly 3:00pm. I spy a couple of familiar faces from the last event, but not the ones I was hoping to see. I think it might be best for me to stay down there rather than try to drive an hour for an 8:00am or earlier start each day. I've booked my accommodation expecting to pay a deposit but no, it's debited the whole amount. Whoops, my card is now overdrawn. And after reading the fine print on the web page it seems that this hotel chain is one of the ones that subscribe to the totally stupid rule of $200 charge up front. To cover "incidentals". Ridiculous! How the heck could I rack up that much in incidentals in a single room over three nights?? *grumble* Even the you beaut 5 star Royal Pines world class resort and golf course doesn't charge much more than a couple of dollars up front at check in.

I decide to branch out and see if my Foxtel is now connected to the internet. Yes, it seems it is and 'on demand' is now activated. I decide to test it and MOTH and I settle in to watch Thor: Dark World. The lights are out, MOTH is comfy on the floor, I have the recliner and it's a very comfy way to watch movies. A little cheaper too as Box Office on Demand is $5.50 or so a movie.

The Niece will begin catching the bus to school soon. She's excited and after this morning, so am I. So much easier than driving. Which might actually spoil me. Maybe....

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

So when is the event? And do you get two whole nights to yourself? lucky bugger! Have fun!

Chris H said...

I hope you are still enjoying the movies.
Sounds like there is lots going on in your life. HOpe some of it is good. *smiles*