Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Honeymoon is Over

Yesterday while sitting with the Customer Service Officer, I noticed she was using a vertical mouse. I'd never seen one before. Or heard of it before either. It looks an interesting concept. I've been suffering overuse injuries a lot lately. Too much gaming I guess. It's certainly curtailed my activity the last couple of days! Not good, I've had to resort to reading!

MOTH and I decide on a day out to go to the movies. We still have a couple of vouchers left from Christmas. What movie to see is the big question. I suggest 300: Rise of an Empire. MOTH can't remember seeing the first one but he's happy to give this one a go. I book on the web but there only seems to be V class screenings available. I look to see what that is. *i've never been to a V class screening before* Okay, bigger seats, bigger screen. Prices are a little more than normal but the voucher covers most of the cost. The movie is loud, lots of blood, war, killing, maiming, men wearing not much at all. For once, most of the women wore more than the men. I liked it. So did MOTH.

I'm fast running out of the money Centrelink thinks I have. Poor MOTH is confused because they keep changing his rate of payment. Who knows. Hopefully things will sort themselves out very soon and we can get on with trying to make ends meet.

Seems that one of the 'pets' is now a permanent employee. Hardly unexpected but I'm betting that her position wasn't advertised either. Not that I thought there was enough work for her to do on a permanent basis as it seems she isn't picking up any of the work I left and Admin2 is doing most of it. They have a temp in to do the conference things I was working on. Poor Admin2 gets none of the good stuff.

I thought MOTH had been doing well on the lower dose of the antidepressants. I'm not sure though. I could never say that tact has been his strongest point. Special K has now asked him not to mention her sister in her presence. Her sister and brother in law join the Club occasionally and she is not liked. Wombat has been rather narky of late and it's getting the the point where MOTH has been thinking of walking away from the Club. Special K has asked that he not, but I can't see this latest request going over well either and he may just walk away after all.

The Niece seems to have decided that she's comfortable. Comfortable enough to work herself up. She had a small behavioural slip but a talk about inappropriate behaviour, expectations, and a distraction soon had her back on track.

The Elder has finally had her surgery. Well, I can't really say finally as the wait was not very long considering she was on the public waiting list. Keyhole surgery is a marvelous thing, isn't it! Certainly they do things differently from when I had mine. But hopefully this will put an end to the pain though she will be feeling uncomfortable while she sorts out what food her body will and won't tolerate. That part can be fun!

I haven't heard much from The Teen. She's working full time and seems to be enjoying herself. I'm hoping this is so and she will progress really well. She is still spending time with Barbie, but nowhere near what she used to now she's working.

Buffy went on 'holiday' for a couple of days. That was peaceful. Even Jerome relaxed. She's back now and Jerome isn't quite sure what to feel. I laugh at the faces he pulls sometimes. He's begun to spend a lot of his nights curled up at the top of the bed between our pillows. Sometimes he shares one of our pillows, laying his head on it and looking all cute and fluffy and black. I just wish he wouldn't shed so much black hair. Yoiks! It's everywhere!

Tried a new dessert recipe. Blueberry cheesecake roll ups. They are a little fiddly to make but oh, so very nice. The Niece and I baked some for a taste test and I should really go and finish off the rest so we can have them tonight. Yes, I think I should do this now... before I get distracted....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Glad you were able to sort out the behaviour slip. Hopefully she won't give you too much trouble. I reckon MOTH is better off away from the club. When the dynamics change and people start making demands it's time to move on. I wasn't sure I totally understood what the problem was? Special K doesn't like what MOTH says about her sister? Anyway, he should go find a hobby somewhere and find some real friends who appreciate him for who he is. Shame about the finances. Know what that's like. Sucks the big one. Fingers crossed for you. Did I actually see you say "poor Admin 2"?? Wow, who would have thought! :-) But, I agree. Poor Admin 2. Think they're trying to push her out as well?