Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday. Or limping along to the weekend.

Can't believe it's April already!!

Sometime last month, I wrote that I had reached the anniversary of my ankle bust up. And I have been doing well. And I had. But since making that note, I am noticing small things that aren't, well, quite right.

Cramps. I have been getting a lot of cramps in my calf muscle and my foot. Feels kinda strange to be doing a stretch and finding your toes just want something different. And refuse to return to normal positioning.

Pins and needles. That feel like your foot is just about to fall asleep. Only intermittent though. I am just waiting for the numb feeling that goes with it. The one that changes your gait completely and leaves your foot flopping about like a fish on a river bank.

Pain when you try to cross your ankles. Well, that one has made sure that I sit in a more ladylike position. No more manly crossing my right ankle over my left knee. Which makes for some interesting angles when you are trying to balance a book. On your knees while sitting in the couch and colouring in. (All right, I'll admit to that childish passtime.)

Pain. When moving after having been sitting at the desk for a while. It takes a while to get the joint somewhat functional again.

And today. It's swollen. Red. Hot to the touch. Which can't be a good sign really. But I have no other experience of broken bones to compare it to. Can I expect things like this to happen every so often?

And all so soon after my 12 month mark. Perhaps my warranty has expired?

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

A few things you can always count on to not be good:

Pain
Swollen
Red
Hot to touch

Get yourself off to the Dr, young lady!

SOL's view said...

But mu-um! It's somewhat better this morning. Really......