Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday. And stuff......

Well, I guess it's been a little while since I last blogged. Not because I have been so fantastically busy, but basically because ..... well, I don't have much to say.

Now, be quiet you lot in the back row. As anyone who knows me can attest, this is an extremely rare occurrence.

..... So, have I mentioned lately how much I hate travel? Not necessarily mine. I don't get to do much of it. In fact, if you don't count my daily commute to work, I can't say I have done any. Travel. For pleasure. But I sure get to organise plenty for other people. And they all seem to want to be places at once. Sometimes, I think it's the only thing I do here. And if it weren't for a little part timer that someone legroped into doing some admin stuff, I would be doing it for others outside my office as well. I was looking at the positions vacant for Flight Centre the other day. I'm sure I could give them a run for their money. If only it wasn't sales driven. Yes, that's right. A Travel Consultant - for Flight Centre at any rate - is required to sell the travel, and bonuses etc depend on it.

..... Just finished some spot of training today. I don't know if this training will help me. Some would say that I am beyond help. But it is to do with Advanced Reading Techniques. I had hoped that it might give me some tips to read faster and better recall what I have read. Now as a general rule, I don't have a problem with novels etc. But put me in front of a text, and oh boy. I may as well have a brick wall inside my head - quiet peanut gallery! - as to absorb some of that stuff. So, I have my fingers crossed that I can achieve something. From the course. If nothing else, it's time away from travel.

..... The Elder is hoping to invite some friends over for a 'pyjama party' next weekend. I think I am looking forward to it. Not that I'm invited per se, but since it's at my house and I have nowhere else to be, I will be there by proxy. I have met a couple of them, and confess I am really looking forward to meeting others. If they come. And, I'm told - in as little detail as possible, as mothers are - that they will be sleeping on the loungeroom floor. Brilliant. I am an early riser. Which means I will have to force myself to stay in bed and read a book or something. Tough, hey.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

As a bonifide member of the peanut gallery, can I just say, hahahaha! Brick Wall! haha.

Jammie party, hey. She's not a little old for that? Still, they are fun, but you won't have to worry about early rising - you won't get to sleep until about 4am anyway! xxx