Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sigh. It's still raining......

I mustn't complain too much I suppose. It is rain we needed......

But I'm tired and cold. It's at the point where you leave a window open briefly and everything feels damp. I'm sure that I'm going mouldy. Gosh, and now, Axel is pouring his heart out in the November Rain. Wonder if that's a sign?

I had been talking to Mother recently who mentioned a refurbishment. Not knowing what the heck she was talking about produced the following. Which I thought was cute enough to include...

The joys of retirement. Obviously.







It's funny though the way small things you overhear trigger funny little memories. Ok, they might only be funny to you. And I've just realised I've used funny 4 times now in 3 sentences.....

I was on the train the other night, when a group of other passengers began passing around photos. Old fashioned ones even. You know, tucked inside the processing company's envelope.

One of the group mentioned she thought they may have been photos of work. No, he said. You think I would be taking pictures of the inside of bins? Or words to that effect. Which reminded me of a fad I went through. Taking photos of bins.

Which all started with a new phone. Yes. I wanted to test the camera. So I took a pic from the back window of the bus. And sent it on. To which the response was rather humorous, and prompted a spate of bin pics flying through cyberspace.

So, I've started again. And here it is. Please pay attention to the signage. Mind, when we returned later that day, someone had swapped the hard goods for ....... an old sponge mop.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

How the heck did you get that photo? Ha ha. Looks like he was enjoying himself...lucky sod...

Anonymous said...

aaaah how i missed those bin photos!!! showed ma and pa the photo you posted, needless to say, they got a kick out of it! xxoo