Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mother Dearest........

Yes Mother, it seems I owe you a letter. And now for something completely different...... oops. Sorry for the Pythonesque moment there. I thought I would write one. This way. And it starts off like so ...

... Mother Dearest

Yes, thanks, as I told Pop Too, the blankets did arrive in good order. None the worse for wear after the enforced diet and rough travel. They have even had the occasion to present their best side / underside / inside when they were called upon to provide some form of motley cover for some of the Elder's friends. On sleepover duty.

Oh. Small aside - sugar. Must remember to bring sugar.

So, what has been happening the the wacky world of the Backwoods Bobbies? Your correspondence was a little cryptic. Perhaps the local birds where whistling and you couldn't think. XD Either that, or I need glasses to stop the words from running into each other. Strange the way I need glasses, not the words.

I hope that Pop Too isn't taking too much time out from the List. If the photo is anything to go by. Mind, it is a wonderful way to sell the lounge suite. If indeed that is what you were doing.

And I see that Moose has dragged you somewhat ahead in the tech stakes, having now facilitated the ease of email. That's a wonderful thing. Now all you have to do is get yourself up to speed on that other wonderful little piece of tech that Froggy sent. It's called a mobile phone......

Speaking of Moose, how is Scorpion? She must be almost singing along now, right? I know the trick was to get the paperwork finished on some anniversary or another, but have forgotten if that was this century or next.

And how is Mz T? And the anklebiters? I'm thinking that when summer sets in proper you can kiss the chesty stuff goodbye and get some sleep. Long live sleep.

All are well here. I have just last night managed to make it through the discussion and signing of a SET agreement for the Teen. They never had to worry about any of that nonsense when we were at school. For the uninitiated - you - that's a career and study plan which must be agreed on by the parents and the student.

The Elder is taking me out partying next weekend. That should be interesting - it's been so long that I can't remember the last time I was out past pumpkin hour and having a good time. I wonder if I shall still have the endurance, stamina and other stuff.

MOTH is still at home. Doing homey things. Not yo homie dudes! but domestic engineer type stuff. The weather is doing him cruel and he hasn't been well lately. I have my fingers crossed, but the old codger is still hanging on.... XD

But, I must sign off, and flee to attempt to accomplish other things. Much love sent your general direction. You better make sure you dive to catch it...........

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Clever way to contact the olds, but wouldn't an email have been better? And the couch was a new addition, two new sofa beds at that! Good to know the old codger is still holding out though. Can't knock over those old codgers....