Monday, February 04, 2008

Mondoze......

Yes. It's Monday. And I'm back at work for a rest.

Saturday. We three ladies - and I use that term loosely - ventured into the city. The Elder was hoping to meet up with a friend; the Teen to meet her boyfriend. Me, to collect a very important addition to my collection. Yes. A comic. I'm collecting the series. I'm up to issue #5 of 6.

Elder's friend didn't show up. Top Deck - ex Skunk, cause, you know, his hair really is brown and white - was working till 3pm. We had some time to waste. The weather was terrible. It was raining and muggy. While wasting time, Teen was approached by all and sundry. Whom she hasn't seen for a very long time. We found one or two of my 'children' and wasted a little time with them.

I picked up my comic. Elder and Teen decided we needed to waste more time watching the nerds play DDR at Tops in the Myer Centre. A computer game that involves dancing. On the arrows on the floor. You get the picture. So we did. An asian bloke was getting Perfect on every one. Typical.

We found another of Teen's friends. He's a very nice chap. He, Elder and some of his friends decided to play with some bouncy balls they had received for prizes. He dropped one over the railing; it landed next level down. A girl tried to throw it back. And missed woefully. It bounced into the foodcourt on the bottom level. The game continued. And it seems, after we had gone our separate ways, that Security wasn't too happy about that. Hopefully, he got away in time. *grins*

On Sunday we go to visit rellies. They now live within about a 2 hour drive. And MOTH's mother was visiting. So, left the house at 8am. Dropped TD off on the way. Actually a little bit out of our way, but the drive was scenic. He doesn't live close to us.

We spent the whole morning there, till past lunch. We dined on chicken and salad, at tables set outdoors under the trees. The sun shone for a bit, the sky was blue for a bit, the breeze blew and it was lovely. And I got sunburned. It's been so bloody raining and overcast for so long, I forgot to sunscreen. Teen got burned too.

Finished there and popped over to a friend's place. They now live in the same area as the rellies. Kill two birds with one stone. So to speak. And spent Sunday afternoon there. It was great to see them again. I got plied with so much coke! So did the girls. Oh, and biscuits. And chocolate.

What a weekend. Back to work now for a rest.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

which rellies? and which friends? sounds like my kinda weekend. I like spending time with lazy stuff, not just sitting around the house, but out somewhere else, with time to spare, nothing much to do but sit around with people who make it fun...I am sure I know some somewhere...I think....