Friday, February 01, 2008

And it's first week over....

I think she's beginning to settle in. At school. She has mentioned, in the last day or so, that it's getting better. I had thought that she might have been turning into Piglet - scared of Everything. Piglet always gets a capital letter for the stuff he's worried about.

She's met a couple of people who she seems to like. I have seen them from a distance. Ok, so it was a very short distance. When I walked past them to let her know she was required to join MOTH and I on the other side of the food court.

The lad is joining us this weekend. It's the second time he has slept over. He's very quiet and shy. No, this is not Sunny, who is no longer shy and retiring. This is ... ummm ... actually, I haven't thought of a name for him yet. Maybe Skunk. And that has nothing to do with scent. Skunk lives up the coast a bit, so getting them together requires some thought. He has to catch a bus to the city, then the train to our place.

At any rate, he doesn't talk much. Smiles a lot though. Has the requisite piercings. Has brown and white hair - hence the name. Not a great complexion, but hey, can't all be like me. He's slightly younger than she. And, I've been told, has Aspergers and dyslexia. Unfortunate combination that. For him. The Teen thinks it great and rags him about it mercilessly. How do you spell this? How do you spell that? Shakes her head, giggling. Skunk, you're stupid. Kind of nasty (yes!) and kind of cute at the same time. In a weird way. I am also told that he prefers that no one knows just how special he is. So we don't know, right? I guess we are just supposed to think he's stupid? Teen tells us often enough he is.

But where was I? Oh, yes. He's sleeping over. Again. And then we get to drive him all the way back home. But that's ok - we are spending, I hope, the day at Bribie Island. Unfortunately, part of that visit will be with the Outlaws. But then, I can actually tolerate this bunch.

No comments: