Thursday, April 24, 2008

Aaaaannnndddd .... I'm back

It has been a while. There hasn't been much happening since I came back from Adelaide.

I did arrive home though to find that a friend of Sunny's had moved in that weekend. It's ok. You can breathe. I did know he was coming.

He's sleeping on the couch. The original deal was for a week. But a week has gone past and he's still there. I don't mind too much. MOTH, Sunny and I had a chat at the end of the week and decided that there wasn't anywhere he could move to. He hasn't enough to move out, and doesn't have any family he can move to.

I think though that MOTH and I have reach the limit. There will be no more when he goes. Not for a while anyway. Quite a while. I don't mind opening the house, but there has been extras since I got rid of the Chef. Sunny is a different matter though - he's family.

This one though - I guess I will call him Blondie - does help around the house. Today he's started the washing and pegged the load out. And MOTH likes that.

Thought we were having a houseful again this weekend. One of Sunny's strays asked if he could sleep over tonight. And the answer is ok. And Sunny's brother was going to come for a visit. But the parents have put the foot down, declined to let him come, and even taken away his internet priveliges. Sunny is upset - he now doesn't have anyway to contact him.

I don't know why they have to be this way. Sunny went back for a visit while we were in Adelaide, and it was apparently a nightmare for him. To the point where he has disowned them completely. He had a birthday card for his 18th. And no call. Nothing. He said that if we had something planned, he didn't want them invited.

His 18th has come and gone. We gave him his present - a bottle of Tia Maria. How ghey is that??? The day was a bit better than I thought it was going to be, but not as good as I had hoped. Things got a little sticky by the end of the evening. That's what happens when you have a house of depressives.

It was noted in jest this morning that I was the only one not on antidepressants. And didn't look like I needed them. So, I was dancing around the kitchen. I can't remember what it was that took my fancy either. Finger pointing. Exclamation marks. YOU are the only one here who isn't on tablets. What sort of freak does that make you!?

Ah me. Viva la difference!

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Must be depressing, being the odd one out...

Seriously though, I think you all need a break, no outsiders for any sleepovers at all. Poor Moth must be feeling like a bloody motel manager. It's okay for you to say it's okay, but he is the one at home with them, doing extra housework and stuff while you are at work all day.

I know, it's none of my business, but hey, sister's priviledge to butt in. :-)

SOL's view said...

Heh. Nope. It's good to be the odd one out.

Thanks for the advice. I'll take it on board and ignore it as is my privelege as Elder sister. =D

We've already decided that this is the last one. And I like sleepovers, so that's not going to stop. Actually got one this Friday. Maybe.

But I never have any long term stays without discussing it with MOTH first...