Monday, May 26, 2008

Conference Part 2. There could be a few parts to this!

MONDAY: Awake bright and early. After an early night. True. I was in bed by about 12.30am or so. Breakfast comes supplied with the room, so I sent MOTH down to claim it.

Down to the stand to finalise the set up. I think I have this morning off. Off the stand that is, I still have plenty to do. Travel! I can't even escape it this week. I've got to email the travel agent, check to see if the tickets have been sent. Book accommodation and get the itinerary finalised. And no computer to do it with. Looks like I will have to rely on the generousity of the GTs. Up to the boy's room. Grab a free icecream on the way. Settle in and oh no! I can't log on! It takes the GTs about 20 minutes to get it sorted out.

MOTH had been out for the day doing his committee stuff. Got back to the hotel though in time to come down and pop his head in. They did give him a delegate day pass though for some reason, so it ended up that he had a conference bag and everything. He had a great time, going round the stalls looking and begging for free stuff.

The function tonight is the Sponsor Cocktails. The theme this year was a birthday party. My employer has been in operation for 15 years. The boys were given pointed party hats; girls had tiaras. Kiddies ones I might add.... One of the speakers is a bit of a character, and ended up placing his party hat on his groin.

Had to quit early though! I developed a very severe headache. It was getting to the point of making me feel sick and I had to leave. It was 7.30pm! Grrr. And on the way back to our room, while talking to MOTH I remembered that I was still wearing the tiara. I took it off, and presto! The pain started to ease off. Well, don't I feel stupid??? Still crashed when I got back to the room though.

TUESDAY: Working the morning 'shift' on the stand today. MOTH went down for breakfast; I had noodles. In the room. He was back from breakfast before I went down to the exhibition. Wow, that was quick!

I spent the afternoon in the boys room. Grabbed an icecream on the way. Again. Boy, will have to stop this or I won't be able to fit in the car when I leave. Took the iPod headphones with me so I could type stuff for the Project Manager. I need to type meeting minutes for her. Apparently I did such a good job of the last lot, I get to do them again. *sigh* Just shows that doing your job well is often rewarded with more work. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped; I have to keep rewinding the recording so I can pick up what is being said.

Gala (galah) dinner tonight. They are having it at the hotel. I would have preferred the original option, which was stuff at Dreamworld/White Water World, but one of the Managers on the organising committee spat the dummy big time. He didn't like the idea of water or rides. But on the night, it did turn out to be a little cold by the hotel pool. I managed to snaffle a free ticket for MOTH. Meals were served 'alternate drop'. For the uninitiated, that means there are two options on the menu and you get one or the other, depending on what the person next to you was given. So, MOTH had lamb, I got salmon. Dessert was a really rich mudcake square. I couldn't finish it..... Waitress was serving at our table. Some of the young boys at the table were flirting terribly. They thought she was hot.



The entertainment for the evening was Tripod. Headed up to the Hydrate bar after the dinner. MOTH headed for our room.

Oh, did I mention glo-sticks? Yes, glo-sticks. We had them.

GCee was there, resplendant in skirt, soft fuzzy top, sandals, painted toenails. I would have stopped to chat, but she and another female were leading some chap about, 'chained' up with linked glo-sticks. I was wary of the gimp. Mr M swore later that she tried to pick him up at the bar. Uncle and I weren't too sure if he'd misread the situation or not. We felt it was too soon after the coming out for her to start doing that to people she knew from her previous life.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

FREE ICECREAM!!!!

SOL's view said...

magnums, drumsticks, splice, heaven, icy poles.....