Monday, May 12, 2008

So long and thanks for all the fish!

*yawns*

It's Monday. And the start of a very hectic week. Maybe Mother's Day should be timed a little better. Like, when I'm awake.

This is the lead into conference week. And everyone seems to want everything done yesterday. And the list of things I have yet to do seems to grow even longer. Lets see ... organise travel for mid week; organise a roster today; proof a document against a paper copy today.

I'm hoping that I don't forget anything.

I shall be out of range for a week. Since I don't have a laptop and all. No mySpace, no msn, no blog.... Definitely the black hole from hell!

My Mother's Day weekend was surely fine and dandy though, thanks for asking! And if you didn't ask, I'm telling anyway.

Friday night was a little disappointing. The Teen had been copping some attitude and I had decided that a couple of days at her friend's houses might be good for both of us. We dropped her off there, but I still did feel a little bad that it had come to that.

Saturday was much better! I seem to recall some calm and peaceful. Of course, that could just be wishful thinking, and it was just uneventful. But the kid's were taking me clubbing so I was wound up all day.

We were ready a little early, which in itself is quite surprising! Sunny was eager to be out and about, so we left home. I'd never been to the Beat before. Neither had Sunny. In fact, it was his first time clubbing. We arrived, flashed our id. Yes, me too. And entered. Only to discover that they weren't stamping or giving pass outs before 12.30. Sunny was soooo disappointed. He desperately wanted that stamp.

But, once in, we were stuck. And it was way too early for any peeps to have arrived. I thought Sunny was going to be withdrawn and somewhat cranky, but I managed to distract him long enough to go exploring. The place is quite large, and up the stairs and bridge, I found a bar. I leaned over the railing and told the Elder. Drinks? Sure, I'm there and she almost flew up the stairs. So we sat at one of the tables. Closest to the bar. And waited for everyone to arrive.

Eventually, someone decided to come over and chat. Because he liked the leggings that Elder was wearing. Black with skulls and crossbones. And we made new friends. And passed the time while we waited for the crowds and other friends who were meeting us there.

They eventually arrived, along with a couple of others we hadn't met before. And the boy was adorable! Sparkling. And he said he's seen me round campus. I'm guessing the purple hair might be a little hard to miss..... Not much taller than me, good conversationalist, good looking, and dances really well. Defs alternative!

And I could have danced all night. Elder doesn't dance, but did make some small effort. Actually, for her, a huge effort. And Sunny loves the dance floor.

He was pilfered by someone he knew. Quite rudely. A Someone who was determined to have him all to himself. By this time, Sunny was well under and Elder and I weren't completely sure that he wasn't in a condition to be taken advantage of. He swears later that he knew what was going on *grin* but it was his first time clubbing after all. And Someone knew how to take advantage I suspect.

However, by the wee small hours, like 2am, Elder had had enough and wanted to go home. We had yet to find Sunny - Someone had led him off somewhere. We hunted high and low and finally found them in a dance area we hadn't been to before. And guess what, the music in that one was a little better than where we had been. Darn. Wish I had found it earlier! I'm not altogether sure that Sunny was ready to come home, and Someone definitely wasn't ready to let him go.

But that's one of my rules. You come out with me, and you go home the same time I do, or I go home the same time you do. I don't let you find your own way home. Never. If you want to find your own way home in your own time, then I'll meet you out.

Elder was defs not impressed with Someone, and was thinking that he was going to lead Sunny astray. And he asked her if Sunny could stay. She said no. Of course she would.

I had SUCH a great time though. I would go again. If they asked me.

The taxi home cost $55 - ouch! - and it was about 3am. Sunny cooked ravioli. We crashed on the couch and watched a movie. Sunny firmly stated that he was going to pull an all nighter because he wasn't sleepy at all. And promptly fell asleep. I watched for a while then escaped to bed at nearly 5am. I was up again at around 7-7.30ish.

The presents for Mother's Day were beautiful. Sunny gave me his first - a tall ceramic cat, painted a dull gold with a long neck. I hung some of the beads from the night before around it. I have name it Kat, which is short for Salem..... And never mind the other one he gave me before Mother's Day. A beautiful silver cross with lots of bling. I wear it most every day. Cause it just goes with everything.

Elder and Teen gave me 'combined' presents. Elder gave me a ring. Wow! It's a delicate band with a small teardrop red stone. There are diamond chips around the pointed end of the stone. Oohhh and it's a tiny bit too large. I'm not sure to get it resized, or find some small plastic to wrap around the band to make it snug. And Teen gave me the matching earrings.

I am soooooo happy.

2 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

Sounds like you had fun. Nice of Sunny to give presents. Hope the others didn't resent it though. Shouldn't...

I agree, if all go together, all come home together. Makes sense now days to look out for each other. If he had wanted to see Someone again, make a further date to see them.

Sounds a little tiring though for this old stick in the mud....

Tootsie Farklepants said...

It's still Mother's Day over here so Happy Mother's Day!!

Thanks for visiting my blog!!