Thursday, May 29, 2008

Crisis hour!

Well, maybe not quite. But it may as well be. Remember I moaned about having to do that 6 hour meeting last time? Guess what, I've got to do it again. This coming Monday. Oh, it's so good to be me!

I'm hoping that now it's Thursday, things will get back to a more normal keel. Monday was not good.

Rocked into work after the conference, and straight into the meeting that I had to organise while away. And guess what. Seems I wasn't popular because I didn't organise tea/coffee for people when they arrived. Morning tea wasn't long after, so I didn't bother. BUT! I also forgot the data projector..... And we're off to a good start.

Then, I get a phone call. One of the GTs I had to organise travel for, while away, didn't get registered for his conference. It was panic stations because he couldn't attend without being registered. The corporate card I would have used to pay the registration was maxed out and totally useless. What to do, what to do.... I eventually found a solution, but meantime the GT wanted to register. He used his own. Now I am trying to organise a refund to put it against a different account. *sigh* When I break things, I really break things.

There were a couple more things that went badly wrong that day as well. I was nearly ready to pack up and go home.

It's evened out a little now. Hopefully the rest of the week won't be bad.

We have a visitor on the weekend. Just for something different. I haven't met this one and I am hoping we'll get on well. We've chatted online and not often. He's a friend of Sunny's. He seems nice. And his visit could be good for Sunny. Sunny is in transition from one medication to another, and he isn't having a good time of it. Hopefully this visit will help distract him.

The Elder is looking to have some people over this weekend for the Teen's birthday. Nothing major, but we were looking not to have any of them sleepover. The thought was that maybe the Teen could sleep over at one of their places after the bbq. We will have to see how that one pans out.

All I can say is, roll on weekend. Next week, don't come! I don't wanna do that meeting....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Well, look at that, you survived afterall...

pity really...

:-)