Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Burning in water and drowning in flame!

*dances to song*

Well, I would if I wasn't sitting at my desk at work. Ok, so I'm on my lunch hour, and I have a sore backside from sitting in one place too long. But I'm still tethered. I'm wearing my headphones.

Yes, that's right. I'm wearing my headphones. They arrived on Friday. Bloody good they are too. They are bright metallic blue. With white accents. They are the old fastioned style in that they look like ear muffs. And like ear muffs, the bit that goes over your ears is white and fluffy.

*LOVES them*

The week hasn't been too bad really. It's hard to fathom that we've known about the house for a week now. Since I mentioned it in my last update. Everything is official now. We have to vacate by 30 December 2008. Our new lease commences on 24 December. That's the day we expect to get the keys. And I can't wait. As soon as we get them, I'm going to see if we can go straight over and have a look about. And do the entry inspection report before we start moving stuff in. We have decided to do it ourselves, and hire a truck. Able have the best rate so far. The biggest hassle is that I'm working; I'm not on holidays. So trying to work out how that will all fit together is going to be a bit of a doozy.

MOTH was over talking to one of the neighbours yesterday evening. I was a little worried actually. None of us had seen him leave the house; I couldn't find him anywhere, and he'd left without his phone and wallet. Not only that, he wasn't standing in anyone's front yard, networking. Alright, for you plebs, that's gossiping. And I had dinner on the table ready and waiting. He told me later that the new neighbour was a little worried that he had chased us out. I don't know why he would think that. They have a new babe, and I never like to walk far for food.

The real estate people came on the weekend, and we now have a sign in the front garden.



The house is on the web somewhere, and we have the agent bringing people through the house tomorrow. Already. So this morning I cleaned the bathroom before work. Tonight I had better make sure the floor is clean and tidy! ESPECIALLY since the agent told our new landlords how clean we were.

There are probably other things that happened during the week, but I am so looking forward to the move that I can't really seem to concentrate on anything else. Not even my work properly. I want to start packing, but I don't want stuff all about when people are going through. And since the lounge is more or less the only place I have to store the packed boxes, I think I shall have to wait for the serious packing to start when we come back from our weekend away.

I know that the Teen is really looking forward to the move as well. And since we are now a one car family, I've had plenty of opportunity to say, If we were in the new place, that wouldn't be a problem! The boyos have to catch a bus today as MOTH and I are not home. And they will have to try to work something like that out on our weekend away as they both have rostered shifts. And no one to take them anywhere. One can catch a bus to the station, the other can't. The bus doesn't go the direction he needs to be.

I'm also looking forward to the trip up north. Because I want to check out the digs, not because I will be seeing my family. Not at all.

And I promise that when I get myself into gear, I'll include the photo of the sign. And maybe, just maybe, for those who have it, I'll do a video call from the new house... if you promise to be good.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Always a catch, making us promise to be good. You know full well I can't make promises like that!

It is exciting though isn't it? I love moving. Hate the physical bit, but love the moving stuff around, unpacking, making it a home.

One of the boys will have to get a licence, won't he?