Monday, December 22, 2008

Here comes Santa Claus, there goes my sanity

So the move is creeping ever closer, and I'm wondering if I can get it all done. I'm living in a jungle of boxes, some assembled, full and sealed, some partially full and several others as yet unassembled. And I can barely see what I've removed from the cupboards. I'm wondering if I will get it all done in time. There will only be tonight and tomorrow night really. Else I will be packing boxes on the day we are supposed to be moving!

The last week has been one of mostly procrastination. I'm looking forward to the move. Not looking forward to the packing and the cleaning. I know we will get it done. But I'm having trouble with the motivation. And the realisation that this will be the first move ever that I haven't had Mum to help me with. It's a HUGE task.

Hopefully, the Teen has managed to finagle Wogboy into lending a hand with some of the heavy stuff. She also tells me that Fatboy has offered to help too. I really don't know what use he will be. He's only about 13 or 14, and wouldn't be much with the lifting. And that only leave unpacking or cleaning. Neither of which I would be happy about anyone else doing.

Last Friday was the work Christmas Party. A little later in the year than most I suppose. We decided to have it at the German Club. On arrival though, we found out that someone was required to join up, or if you lived outside a particular area you could sign in as a visitor. There didn't seem to be anyone rushing to do the honours, and since it was only a fiver to join, I decided to make the sacrifice. For twelve months. And I'll probably never get back there again. The position of the club isn't so great. I was a bit grumpy when we arrived; everyone was carrying on like I had been there before and asking where's this, how do I order, where's that? *growls* And at one point, I had to go out and sign in for Grav. She was late and missed the through put. Then 'strongly expressed her opinion' to the doorman about having to join in the first place. I left her to it, and waited inside for her to finally join me so I could point out where we were.

The atmosphere is great though, and the food wholesome and filling. Mostly German fare, but you can get a steak too. And the bar stocks mostly German beer. I had a glass and a half. *Hello, my name is Cadbury*

We spent the afternoon there, and I decided to catch a bus from there back to the city and then train from there. One of the last remaning GT's needed to get to the city as well, so we decided to bus it together. And since he was three parts sozzled, it was an entertaining trip. *wonders* Or was that me???

Saturday, MOTH ran about tidying stuff. The NHW break up party was at our place. Since we joined, it's been at our place each year. I think because we are pretty centrally located and our garage is big enough to fit everyone in. And MOTH is generous. Read Push-over. This is his last year as Santa too. But not if they have their way - they asked him to do it again next year, even though we will be in a different zone. And not even in NHW, it seems.

Sunny has been home with a headcold the last few days. Judah has been working his butt off to get some funds going so he can go to his family for Christmas. So we'll be down one for the move. I can't determine if this will be a good thing or a bad thing. Lucky Judah comes home after it's all finished. Not silly, that one.

Things have been a little tense between them the last few days. I shake my head and finally realise why Mum was always upset when things were a little rough for us. And how helpless you feel about it, because you know there are many suggestions you could give, yet you know they have to work it out for themselves. Bits of wisdom like never letting the sun set on an arguement. I took that one to heart, and now it doesn't matter who was in the 'wrong', if it's not mended in a couple of hours then I'm being stupid to let it drag beyond that. And I go apologise.

But enough of that! I'm looking forward to Christmas. One of the first things going into the new house will be the tree. And I think I'll let the kids assemble it, so it looks pretty in the house. The pressies are wrapped and ready to put under it. Well, nearly. I haven't wrapped MOTH's yet. He went for a shower while I was starting another one, and said You can wrap mine while I'm in the shower. But the bugger was back just as I was starting to wrap his. Blimmin heck! You just can't trust anything these days, can you?!

What is everyone else doing on the Day? I was thinking of maybe having a chat session, but I'm seriously doubting that our ISP will have extracted digit and moved everything over. I put in a request over the net and haven't heard from them yet. I might have to get MOTH to phone them.....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

my home msn is still not working. i never found out why though...

well, good luck for the move, if you ever get to move... can't wait for the photos.

Merry Christmas! xxx