Monday, March 02, 2009

Greenfinger the garden gnome.

*has flashback* Does anyone remember that gnome?

You know, considering I was supposed to write notes to myself so I can remember what transpired during the week, I don't seem to have done a very good job of it. *kicks self*

Sooooo .... I think my week was pretty uneventful. They usually are. You know the drill; wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed, wake up, go to work. And so on. Although, if it wasn't for the going to work gig, I think I would forget which day it really was.

Friday, one of the GTs on another project my workplace is associated with, was leaving. Actually I think Friday was his last day. But we went to lunch. Since we had to pay for our own, and the chosen venue was a gourmet pizza place, I skipped the mains and went straight for dessert. A slice of lime cheesecake. It was very yummy and got a few comments too. Much better than a scummy pizza. *grins*

I managed to scab a glass of beer at that lunch too. I haven't had a liquid lunch for some time, so it went to my head a little. The beer was that low carb Pure Blonde, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Friday evening the Teen went to a concert with Wogboy over in some town that was a bit of a drive away. I was a little worried - the road is a notoriously bad one and Wogboy only got his Ps a couple of months ago. She tells me the trip over didn't turn out as well as she'd hoped. They couldn't find the venue, and when they gave up looking and waiting for instructions, they drove around and found it only to discover the band was just finishing their set.

She did spend the rest of the weekend with Wogboy though, returning home Sunday midmorning. She's been complaining of being unwell lately. I think she's stressed. So stressed that she's thinking she has stomach ulcers and the hypochondriac in her is very much to the fore. The Elder and I both suggested in jest that there may be something else wrong with her *involving children* and she flew into a panic and wants that ruled out. *grumbles* no sense of humour, some.

Sunny and Judah stayed out all Thursday night. At least, I think it was Thursday, because things are sketchy and I didn't make notes. On Friday night, I made hot dogs for dinner. Only to discover the boyos had hot dogs for dinner the night before. And I rarely make different things like that for dinner. *grins. it's all in the timing*

Saturday dawned quietly because the boyos sleep in. Actually, Sunny tells me that he's awake early, but lies in because Judah prefers it that way and he sleeps much longer than Sunny. They surfaced about mid morning somewhere and let me know that they would be travelling to visit Sunny's family for the night. So. Another weekend with everyone out of the house.

MOTH made plans to splash out and hire a dvd for the night. No, nothing rated R or X. *shakes head at naughty people* Just a movie he'd seen the shorts for and thought looked interesting. We also had rump steak out defrosting, so decided that we had better cook it.

So, I did the unthinkable; stepped into a man's territory and learned how to use the bbq. Actually, MOTH has shown me this several times before. But it's always a long time between drinks and I've forgotten. This time though, I put my foot down with a firm hand and switched it on myself. I'm one of those people who prefers to learn by doing it.

Of course, what I failed to mention is the amount of time it took the both of us to clean it up before it could be used. MOTH pulled it apart and scraped it down. I scrubbed the roasting dish and rack. He did the burners and the plates.

In between times, MOTH dragged around some branches from overgrown shrubs he had removed over the period of several weekends. He needed them put in the garden bin for collection. But of course, they are too big to just put in there. We don't have a mulcher and MOTH needs them cut small. So every so often we wander to the patch and cut up branches. Piece by piece. Boy, my hand is kinda overworked!

Saturday night we ate the perfect steak I cooked on the bbq, and watched Babylon AD. Not too bad; quite a convoluted plot line which doesn't really seem to go anywhere. But enjoyable just the same.

Sunday I was up and about my usual time. It's the best time of the morning and I don't like to waste too much of it. The day had the promise of hell though. Expected temps were supposed to be around 37deg C. Not sure if it eventuated - I headed it off at the pass by secluding myself in the aircon.

I surprised myself with a burst of energy and the scrubbing of the shower cubicle. Well, I removed the soap scum from the glass walls. And while wandering around, discovered that the shower in the main bathroom also needed a fair bit of TLC. I've cleaned off the black, now I just have to convince someone that the glass could do with a scrubbing as well. *wish me luck e'body!*

Sunday dinner I cooked a lamb roast. Slow cooked, at about 140deg C for 5 hours. It was lovely. In fact ... I've brought it along between two hunks of bread for lunch....

Speaking of which, it must be about that time.

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

I still giggle at the fact that you have to work and do domestic chores. man, welcome to the real world! yes, there are only 3 of us, but I still have to do the shower, bathtub, basin, toilet, floors, cooking, dusting, tidying, ironing, washing...