Monday, March 16, 2009

Panic. But not at the disco.

There seemed to have been a couple of notes on my last post. Thank you dear readers! It's good to know that someone takes notice. *cheeky grin*

Fear not, dear Elder. I won't be increasing anyone's rent, it was just a standard clause in the rental agreement. Landlord always gives themselves an option. *imagines self as slum lord. yes, i think i can do that* And I was more worried about what the realtor would have to say with all the peeps in da house, and the garage turning into The Castle. *MOTH puffs up chest and says he can handle them*

I'm looking forward to your arrival. You commented on your last visit that you weren't sure if you'd fit; I didn't bounce off the walls and play. It's the house I tell you. The rooms are big and ceilings high - it ECHOES! I'm over 40 - I don't like sudden moves and loud noises. That includes anything I do. So until I get used to the echo, I move slowly and quietly. Don't want to startle MOTH either....

It seems that while I was absent earning an honest crust - hard to believe, I know - MOTH took to the rooms with a tape measure. Given we estimate the king bed is about 2feet wider and 2 feet longer, he pronounced that it would fit in that second room very well, probably better than the 'larger' room because it is actually narrower.

So, where was I? Oh yes, recapping the week.

I actually remembered to take some notes this time. On one day only. But that will do. It's a start.

Unfortunately, there isn't a date on my notes, but I shall assume it's Friday.

Friday I did the usual run to get the bus for the trip home from work. The scenery changed from the mundane though when we actually got moving. Touring through the traffic and we stop for the traffic lights. Standing on the footpath, waiting to cross was an older woman with a dog. On a leash. No, the dog was. I couldn't begin to guess her age. Her skin appeared to be well worn. In the areas I could see that weren't coloured in that is. Her hat was a floppy white one, propped off her forehead with a huge pair of sunnies. Peeking out from under the hat was blue hair. Sky blue hair, down to her shoulders. But don't ask me what she was wearing. My notes didn't cover that. *sighs* Ah well, I'll rememer more detail for next time.

A little further along, while still recovering from the shock, I glanced upward. And there, standing all on his lonesome on a rooftop balcony, was a chappie. An ordinary chappie in a not so ordinary position. I'm guessing the balcony belonged to a business. One floor above the street. Wonder what the view would have been like?

I could hear bells. And when I looked, you got it. Hari Krishas dancing along the street. Orange robes, white face paint, shaven heads, bells and tamborines. Just because they can. I see no other reason why you would. It brought back memories of dodging them as a tourist. You didn't want to get caught by any! At least they couldn't flag down the bus from there.... *wonders what happened to mum's Hari Krishna cook book*

And what's that? Oh. A bloke. With bagpipes tucked under one arm. Complete in kit. The tartan was green. Irish perhaps? It is, after all, nearly St Patricks Day. It's kind of strange to see them out of a parade. Even if they are waiting to cross the street.

And hey, it must be geek day. I've just realised I'm wearing black. With a geek backpack. And a geek t-shirt. And a book in hand. Star Wars to be exact.....

Last Thursday, MOTH purchased himself a couple of new toys with the Government bonus. The Teen was less than impressed it wasn't being spent on a new bed for her, her teeth and other general things; she made sure that her feelings were known. What I failed to remind her of is the fact that the last bonus went on moving house so she could go to the school SHE wanted, AND over $400 on a pair of glasses she insisted she absolutely had to have, but I've hardly seen her wear. And I didn't even quibble when she stated she wanted the D&G frames.

So, Saturday I spent some time playing with the new LCD in the rumpus room. I think I've worked out the buttons on the remote and that IS the most important part.

I talked MOTH into spending some dollars on a wee bit more tech. I now have a HDMI cable which lets me plug my laptop into the LCD so I can now play DVDs properly. Actually, it mirrors my laptop on the LCD, so whatever I do on the laptop, I can see on the LCD.

Sunday I rearranged the rumpus room. The room is long and narrow. The Teen thought at set up that the lounge was too far away from the tv, so it was placed in the middle of the room. Now, everything is set across the room, not the length of the room. Much better set up. Course, to test it, I had to hook up the laptop and play Sims2.

And hey! If you move back in Elder dear, there is room in the corner for the guitar hero stuff and the PS3 can stand neatly by the cabinet.

w00t!

PS. It occurs to me that I forgot to mention the panic. I was sitting on the bus on the way to work this morning. I won't say blissfully, because some woman decided to sit next to me. And she had a babe thing wrapped and strapped to her. Luckily it was kinda quiet, even if it did kick me occasionally. At least I didn't eat it.

But as we got close to our destination, I went looking for my swipe card. And it wasn't where it was supposed to be. Oh dear. Well, I've been known to slip it into the wrong pocket, so I went looking. Nope, not there either. Crap. Well, I know I had it when I got ON the bus, cause I swiped it then. What the HELL did I do with it? I hunted all about but couldn't find it. Great. NOW what am I gonna do? It still had a decent balance on it too because it's only the start of the fortnight. *sighs. wonders how i'm going to make the money for the rest of the time* But as we stood, she pointed to the floor in the aisle and asked if that was what I was looking for.

Yes! A double w00t! *breathes*

2 comments:

The Elder said...

woah. lucky baby-woman was there to spot it. or else u woulda been slightly fooked.

jawsome has commented that u lot don't seem to handle those go cards well. although he really likes the idea of them. i believe we may be getting one for our weekend ferry trips.

and now that u have the special cable for the lcd, we may end up hooking the ps3 up to that. the picture is much better, plus if the screen is bigger, i'll be able to see it better. cause i've come to realise that my eyes are getting heaps worse. >.<

can't wait to get my glasses. *shakes fist at slow stimulus package*

i liked the mental picture of the castle. gotta move the kingswood to get to the torana, to move it to get to the commodore... etc.
it won't be quite that bad.

and i look forward to doing the family thing and jumping out at people as they come around corners. unfortunately there's not as many little corners in this place. u can pretty much see people coming from almost any angle. i guess i'll just have to use my ninja stealth and sneak up on u while u're reading or something.

and teen was told when i was there what the stimulus stuff was gonna be spent on. so it's not like it was a surprise.

has she gone for her learners yet?? cause MOTH said she'd get given some to do so, but only once. so if she failed, she'd have to fund her own for next time.

urgh my eyes are killing me right now. i just hope i get my money soon so i can pay off these damned glasses. and then wait for them to get delivered....... eck.

eh my wordie thing is boring today.
*gesso*

Colleen Barnett said...

yep, you're a geek. no ifs, buts, or maybes. geek to the hilt.



my word today is inglu... is that some sort of foreign igloo?