Tuesday, June 09, 2009

No, wait come back!

And that is good for more than one situation! My fingers went spaz, and I ended up posting half a headline. *shakes head*

And of course, being June we've just waved goodbye to the last public holiday of the year. Until Christmas. *much wailing and gnashing of teeth*

It's been a rather odd week this week. Perhaps. But then, my life is usually odd, so perhaps not.

So Thursday last week was the day to be out and about. I was standing on the corner in the city *not what you think, i was waiting to cross the street* between buses. I glanced at a bus going past, and lo! It was filled with blue and white streamers and decorations. Not to mention somewhat disgruntled passengers. I was a tad disappointed that NSW didn't win the game. Perhaps Queensland cheated? No, let's be honest. I was more peeved that they changed the timing and we didn't get the game to coincide with the week of the conference. Gypped!

I managed to make the bus change. As we snuck around the corner, the traffic being slow and all, and I could see smoke billowing around the street. No activity from any pedestrians except a glance or two over shoulders, no sirens. Nothing. I wondered what it could be that was so exciting to everyone? And there it was. A harley. Parked on the footpath. Smoke coming off it. And all the chrome was sprayed with some sort of stuff. Someone had a fire extinguisher perhaps? Oh, and a rather pissed off looking rider type person. One of the yuppies who think they are bikers. Tall, dressed in his black leathers. Clean shaven. Ha! If he were a real biker, he would have avoided the fancy leathers and probably picked an older model harley. IF he had to have one....

On up the road we went, toward the Uni. I glanced down. A VW! An old one. Pained bright red and covered in black spots. *wonders* Some people do seem to have rather too much time on their hands, don't they.

Friday was a pretty ordinary day. The one saving grace was that it was the prelude to a long weekend. I made it out of the office, in time to catch the 17:25 bus home. And while standing at the corner in the city waiting for the lights to change, I espied a maroon version of the blue yesterday bus. *is happy. the world is in balance* So, I'm waiting for my bus. The last one of the day. It's allotted time came and went. Not unusual for this line. And we waited. And we waited. And we waited. The crowd dwindles. Eventually, there were only 4 of the regulars still waiting. One decided to leave for an alternative. Another suggested we remaining 3 catch a taxi. With some trepidation, I thought well, maybe. And then I found an e-cab voucher in my wallet. *yesssss!* The bus did arrive though. At 18:15.

I arrived home to find some random teens at the house. I did tell the Teen she could have friends over to celebrate her birthday. More gradually arrived during the night. The music and the voices got a little loud, but apart from one appalling noise, they were rather well behaved. I was sitting in the rumpus room and heard a Bang! It didn't sound good, and I wondered if I had the courage to go see what it was.

I did. After a little while. It seemed that one of the girls walked into the glass door. It's ok! She wasn't hurt. Except her pride. And neither was the door.

I packed up and trundled off to bed around midnight. With orders to the Teen that it was time to turn things down. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that I couldn't hear them at all from my bedroom. *sighs and drifts off*

Saturday dawned somewhat dark and stormy. Ok, so not dawned. It stormed around mid morning. Maybe. I really dunno. I didn't actually get outta bed till just before lunchtimeish. And then I got mad at myself for wasting the morning. *sighs. just not built for sleeping in*

I spent the day tidying up little bits of the Teen's leftovers, and cursing because the house needed vacuuming and has done for some time.

Sunday I did some housework. Just a bit. Not a lot. Washing. But it was a bit wet again, so the dryer got a good workout. The Teen commented that she really liked having parties on the Friday. You get two whole days to recover, not just the Sunday. I decided that I really like Jawsome's bean bag ... thing. It looks like a giant blue tongue. But oooo boy, is it comfy. Not lying down though. I plant myself on it and use the back of it as an arm rest. It's just the right height... zzzz

I'm just dying now to get my mitts on the PS3. Darn *riffles through game box* why is there no good games in here?!

Monday. It was a great day. I did more washing. I vacuumed half the house. I stuffed myself full of chocolate icing left over from the rocky road cupcakes the Elder iced. I played a bit on the DS. Well, that's a bit of a misnomer. I actually read a book on the DS. Lorna Doone. Sunday night I cooked dinner and chilled in front of the DVD player. I decided that I would see if I could get Shrek 2 to work. And it did! *does happy dance* Because it wouldn't play at all on the other DVD player. And then I watched Beowulf. Hmmmmm. And then, somewhere around midnight, after MOTH did a mercy run to pick up a couple of stragglers who forgot it was a public holiday and therefore a SUNDAY timetable, I went off to bed.

Hmmmm ... flanny sheets in winter.....

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

lady beetle perchance?

Go the mighty Maroons! QUEENSLANDER! haha.

*wacto* (sounds like some members of our family...)