Monday, June 22, 2009

PA? Maybe not....

I always wanted to be the Personal Assistant to a high powered person and travel with them to exotic places.

Then I watched Devil Wears Prada. Aaaannnnddddd maybe not....

__________________________

I had a brilliant idea for this week. How about I post my week in ... ... photographs. Yes, I was going to take photos of interesting things I have seen or done for the week.

Then I realised that I spend a good 3 to 4 hours every day inside a bus. You'd soon get sick of photos of seat upholstery. Yes indeed. Pretty as they are, you soon be sick of them. And for some reason, anything on the outside of the bus gets a bit blurry when you are moving. Or trying to shoot through foggy windows just isn't going to work. Bugger.

[insert light bulb here] Or maybe I could .... wait, I've forgotten .... [bulb switches off]

Mind, the rest of the week just pales into insignificance when held against my Sunday. It was overcast, and showers abounded. I determined I would stay in bed. My stomach soon put a stop to that. *shakes fist at stomach* And once I'm outta bed, the chances of my going back are, like, pretty slim. So once I fed myself and several others and tidied up, I plonked myself on the couch in front of the tv. With my laptop. I didn't rise again until lunctime when I thought I would do something completely out of character. I made a toasted sandwich for MOTH. And one for Sunny. And since there was too many slices of cheese left over, one for myself as well. Jawsome decided he would make his own.

Whoa. Take that back. I left the couch for a few minutes to help the Elder write out a job application. She tells me that joblink DIDN'T teach her to write to a selection criteria. WHY THE HELL NOT?? It's only a major part of applying for a job these days.

So, where was I? Oh yes, back on the couch. And I watched the Devil Wears Prada. I so love Meryl Streep. She is brilliant. And decided I wouldn't want to be a high powered person's PA because I couldn't handle being on call 24/7.

When the movie finished, I looked at the clock. Hmmm. 3:40pm. And w00t! I'm still in my jammies! WHAT a day! I had accomplished the absolute bare minimum and it was ALMOST as good as staying in bed all day.

Ok, so I had to cook dinner *TACOS!* but it was good.

So good, in fact, I took a couple of photos just to include here. However, I've changed bags for the day and left my USB cable at home....

Clever.

Perhaps I will add them later.

[wait! light bulb back on] maybe I could just photograph the graffiti on the bus instead of the upholstery ....

The Teen had her exams this week just gone. I think I mentioned that in a previous post. I hope she did well. She got one result this morning and was really pleased with it. So was I. *congrats!* She had been working really hard to catch up with some very overdue assignments. Ones that teachers have been chasing. I think I actually saw her spend the whole day and into the night on the computer one day. *imagines how much of that was actually SCHOOL WORK*

During the week, the Teen, Wogboy, Elder and Jawsome got together to make a short film for an assignment Teen's been working on. I have seen the end result. VERY dodgy production values combined with some bad acting and some good music choices make for a very entertaining video. Perhaps, with her permission I will post it one day. After it's been submitted for marking of course!

Jawsome has been working some hours at a local supermarket. We think this is excellent - when he applied for the transfer they weren't sure how many hours, if any, they could offer. I think he's feeling a little homesick. He's a bit mopey, although he's doing well fitting in. Deep down, he's just as crazy as the rest of us.

The Elder is still unemployed, and getting uber bummed about it. Never mind honey. Something will come along. It always does. Maybe not a soon as you would like, but it will come. Be patient.

Sunny and Judah are moving out. It has happened very quickly! The timing of the moving out wasn't necessarily their choice, but they have managed to secure a lovely little unit just up the road. Very handy to the bus stop. They missed out on the first one and were disappointed. Then suddenly, they had three or four places to choose from. I wandered into the kitchen this morning and there were boxes and heaps of stuff in readiness for their move. They hope to get the keys today. This move is happening so quickly. It's been raining all day today; hopefully they have managed to avoid their gear getting too wet. I'm not sure when moving day will be, but I imagine it will be in the next day or so. Good luck lads, I hope you really enjoy the freedom to be yourselves.

MOTH. He's just been basking in his MOTH-iness. Takin it easy. Jez chillaxin'. Until today. Someone left the back door open. The dry clothes in the basket near the door ... are now wet. *oh the drama!*

4 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

heh. moth won't know himself having his house back.

i hope the boys leave with good blood not bad, if they are not far away bridges can be mended hopefully.

and you need to change the font or something on your blog. it's hard to read and i can still see lines as i type this..... ><

bophsa???

Colleen Barnett said...

heh this one is better...

*sponala* sounds infectious....

Anonymous said...

"bout bloody time..." yes, this quote can be used for several situations... sounds like theres hope for the future... :-) moose

Chris H said...

Ok... I'm going to wait for those photos... even if they are of grafitti! Wearing your pj's all day... now there's an idea! Only.. I think I would get cold. Me nightie is a bit short....lol