Monday, January 04, 2010

Back to the grind!

Holiday week. It's flown by considering it's been spent on the couch in front of the telly. Now it's back to the grind of getting up early every day and off to the routine morning jaunt.

Today I left home at around 06:10 for the bus stop. I was in the city at 07:04. What happened there?! No traffic, that's what. And on campus at 07:30. Oh my good goodness. How will I cope?

Alas, while the Teen has been away, her phone has been out of action and now I have no way to contact her. Which is a little scary I admit. Makes me wonder how we coped before mobiles became a part of every day life. I keep wanting to know when she will be home, but that could be due to the fact that she's uncontactable.

The house is big and empty now. There are only MOTH and I at home.

So the week was spent on the couch and occasionally surfing the web. I gave in to my inner geek and dowloaded a trial version of World of Warcraft. A 10 day trial, and I've played it almost every day since. I haven't figured out many things about how to work it yet, like the chatting that everyone seems to get so involved in, the duelling and the NOT GETTING KILLED! Argh! I can see how people become addicted. Alas, work will now get in my way and I don't think I will continue once the trial concludes.

New Year was a quiet one. I decided I would rebel and watch McAliffe's Rave program instead of the insipid fireworks stuff. *at the same time i was playing wow. whoo! multiskilling!* Somewhere around 11.30 I gave up and followed MOTH to bed. Our street was quiet. Not a peep. Not even a random group of teens wandering past talking at the tops of their voices. I could hear a party going on some distance away. I don't know where they were, but I think they were in the Estate across the road. It wasn't loud enough to keep me awake though I did manage to stay awake chatting long enough to see 0:00.....

On Saturday I talked MOTH into going over to Chermside to windowshop in Westfield. It's been some considerable time since I was last there and even longer for him. We set out and drove where the car took us. So the aim was to miss the traffic, and that we did. But not with much clue as to where we actually were going I'm sure. Certainly not the most direct route! We arrived there eventually and wandered around until lunch time.

Then back home and a nap on the couch. Been doing a bit of that lately!

Sunday was spent again doing not much. The interweb has slowed to slower than snail pace as we've hit our limit. I have hardly even bothered to log on. I get so IMPATIENT! MOTH struggles on though. He's been a little stressed lately. Despite repeated warnings from those of us who are cynics *read the teen and i* he seems to have picked up a stalker. w00t! And now he has had to tell her to back off. I'm not certain she's aware of what she's doing, but she is a little too .... enthusiastic. And being the kind hearted soul he is, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. *heh. loves his sentimental side*

Then today is back to business as usual. Urgh *my get up and go got up and went*

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Hey, I watched Macallef too! That is one funny dude. I too fell asleep at 11.30 but woke when the rest of the park shouted Happy New Year and all the yobbos tooted their horns and such. Back to sleep half an hour later, only to be woken up again by a group of girls with the munchies at half two! sods!

*cappawi*. I would have liked to gone cappawi on those girls!