Monday, May 10, 2010

Each week lately it's the same thing. I'm sure I've seen things and thought, oh might include that in my blog, but when I get to writing it I cannot remember a single one of them. Old Timers. I need a secretary to follow me around all week and take notes.

Which might be a good thing for my boss. I was a wee bit annoyed last week when an email popped up out of the blue. Approval for my holidays. And I was already back at work. No holiday pay for me. Yet. It certainly would have come in handy. Ah well. Maybe the next pay. *feels like qld health system*

This last week at work has been busy. It's coming up to conference time and I seem to be spending almost my entire day on conference stuff.

And averting the odd crisis of course. We've had a volunteer help us build the 'master' for duplicating multiple - many multiple - times. Deadlines were very close; I'd managed to negotiate a 5 working day window with the duplicator, as opposed to the requested 7 days. Then the day before it was supposed to be sent to the duplicator, the volunteer couldn't finish it! Oh MY! Nerves were taut as I didn't know who we could ask to take over the task and no one's suggestions seemed feasible. Eventually I asked one of the GT's if he could finish it for me. He said ok. And it turned out to be a MUCH bigger job than he thought. He finished it at 4pm that afternoon. And it STILL had to be at the duplicators that day. I wasn't able to get a courier as they had finished their run for the day. We thought about putting it in a taxi but it would have taken them ages to get here too. Eventually I asked MOTH, who was picking me up from work anyway, if he would mind taking me all the way into the city to drop it off. He was game and off we went. Traffic was horrendous, and I was delivering the CD twenty minutes after I said I would. But the duplicator had stayed open for me! Now I just have fingers crossed that they deliver in time as promised.

These days I don't do much on the weekends. Groceries are done Thursday night as a rule so there is really no reason to leave the house on the weekends. Gosh. I must be getting old! But I'm sure I'd do things if the moths in the wallet would leave something behind! Maybe....

Saturday morning, just for something different, we headed out to finish the groceries. MOTH normally does a partial shop during the day and we finish off that evening. This time he couldn't as we were using the credit card and he'd forgotten to keep back some cash. We thought we'd try a new butcher.

MOTH told me to amuse myself while he went to look for a Mother's Day present the Elder has asked him to find. Oh, and look! It's Smiggle and EB Games, right next to each other! *HEAVEN* I barely had enough time to look around Smiggle and he was back. The shop isn't there! It doesn't exist anymore and it's all just a blank wall. Oh, I say. And I make him tell me what he's looking for. *i know, i know. i ruined the surprise* Are you sure and it's definitely not relocated? Nope, he says. It's not here. *disappointment. perks up* We'll just have to try the other shopping centre. And as we wandered out to the carpark, we went past the newsagent - and there it was in the window. w00t!

But I had to wait till Sunday....

Sunday morning and I was up with the birds. Nothing new there. I sat myself in front of the computer and WoW'd my heart out till MOTH got up. And no, I didn't get breakfast in bed. I didn't get breakfast cooked for me. Which is all perfectly fine thank you. I got my Darrell Lea Mum's bag and all was right with the world.

And I went right back to WoW for the rest of the day, stuffing myself with licorice until it was time to cook dinner. MOTH said I was allowed to make curried sausages out of the left over sausages. *loves*

And I think I ate too much licorice.....

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

serves you right! I do love licorice. specially the red one...

sounds like a good weekend. I did enjoy my slack tart day, but when I do that I always end up with a headache. punishment perhaps?

**grato** I had to grato some cheese for the sandwiches the other night?

JoeinVegas said...

Sounds like a lovely mother's day, you did what you wanted to do.

Butterfly Kissez said...

Sounds like a brilliant day to me!! Did I ever mention how much I love Smiggle lol...my *most* favourite place in the world...well one of them anyway!

*imonarc* Probably what Noah would have said...