Monday, May 31, 2010

Getting back to normal!

So I'm recovering from conference week and catching up on terrible things like washing. And suddenly it's Saturday afternoon and Jawsome has rocked up for a visit.

Alright, we knew he was coming so it wasn't a total surprise. And he's very entertaining and always welcome.

The biggest problem I have when Jawsome visits is that he is a very fussy eater. Verry. Fussy. But as long as there are chips on his plate and absolutely NO hint of anything resembling any other vegetable, he's happy.

The rest of Saturday passed quietly as we finished off the washing. Steak and chips for dinner. I think.

Sunday I spent some time catching up on chores and I think I sent the boys out to the shops by themselves. Or maybe they made me come with them. Sometimes the experience of going to the local shopping centre is so traumatically boring I block the memory.

Monday it's back to work to try tidy up the conference leftovers. There is shipping to organise. That is the return of our goods from the conference organiser; the stuff left over that wasn't given out and other things from our stand. The conference organisers arrange couriers for vendors who have a stand at the trade show, but ours is couriered back with the organisers things, then couriered on to us at a later time.

And a box for me to unpack, business cards to sort out and evaluation papers to pass on. This keeps me busy for a day or sometimes, if I'm lucky, I can stretch it a bit longer.

Tuesday, Admin2 phones in sick. And for the rest of the week I'm on my own. Have I mentioned that I don't like doing any of her work?? It's boring stuff and interferes with my enjoyment of the day.

Wednesday is State of Origin. Whoo! I go for blue, MOTH goes for maroon. I do this just to make life interesting. For those overseas visitors who haven't a clue what I'm talking about, this could be as big as the Superbowl. But with footballers. Well, rugby league. It sparks a great rivalry between Queensland (Maroon) and New South Wales (Blues). It's based on where a player played their first club game of league. Team mates for regular matches can end up opponents for State of Origin. There are 3 games played over a period of around 6 weeks every year in June/July.

What can I say? It's big.

Jawsome also barracks for the blues. Wednesday night we all gathered in the rumpus room to watch the match. Some of us were in the spirit of the game, some less so. *memo to me: post that pic on facebook*

Sometime during the week, Jawsome adjusted the sale price on his car. He had two responses within a very short time. Strange, considering he's had the car listed on an online site for some considerable time and the only responses so far have been scammers. He gave MOTH and I a small donation for looking after the car for him. Sweet!

Thursday night the paperwork was complete and the car was gone. It feels strange to walk into the garage and there be space. And I can even use the clothes line!

Because yes, sometime during this week the dryer carked it. Again. The door hinge keeps breaking. So now I'm back to hanging everything out. How old fashioned!

Jawsome left on Friday to return to his place of abode. The house is once again silent.

MOTH bought dinner Friday night, and I contributed to the drinks and dvds. Sunny comes over for dvd night; this time Judah came too. We sat through an extravaganza of oversized food, laughing and feeling a little nauseated at times. So MUCH food! Followed by an alien invasion with a twist. Ok, we watched Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs and Planet 51.

Saturday I decided to spend some more of my donation. It took ages to decide what to spend it on, but oddly enough I've sent MOTH off to spend the last of it today and all I have to show for it is new underthings. Which turned out to be the wrong size. Ah, sometimes it's like that.

I watched a dvd; turned out this one also had an alien invasion with a twist. I cried; the hero sacrificed himself to save the natives. That doesn't happen very often! The movie is an animation called Battle for Terra. Soft, slow but oddly moving.

Sunday was chill out day. I'm catching up on my reading. Today's novel is a Kerry Greenwood's Phryne Fisher mystery. Curled on the couch because it's raining today....

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

so, how does it feel, to continually be barracking for the losing team? QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

I want to see that meatball movie, but it will have to wait for a bit now.

You weeks actually sounded, well, busy! How on earth did you do that? Congratulations, you have a life! :-)

*cypticke* nope, not even going to try...

Anonymous said...

How can you do that? Born and bred a canetoad and you barrack for the roaches! I understand it's fun for stirring up the hubby but it's not right! Let moth be a roach for the next game!

JoeinVegas said...

Lots of animation dvds there, nothing live suit your fancy?
Can't comment on the football, no idea what's going on.