Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Did I Just See My Holiday Whizzing By?

The week is over and I'm back to reality.

The concert was great! But I think I outlined that already on the last posting.

Wednesday rolled around and was spent doing washing and catching up for Sibling2 to go home.

I volunteered to monitor email from home while I was on holiday. It's something I usually avoid like the plague, but for a week and getting to conference crunch time, I didn't see the worth of showing someone else what was going on. Far easier just to do it myself. I spent some time doing that as well.

Wednesday afternoon, we headed out to the airport and decided we would also drop Raisin's belongings off at the freighters while we were out there. *now THERE is a saga I would much rather not have participated in!*

It was easier to 'push Sibling2 out of the car on the way past' then head off to the depot. I did, however, stay with her through check in while MOTH 'drove around the block'. She was worried about the weight of her bag but it turned out to be fine. It also worked out that there was no line and we walked straight up. If only it worked like that a bit more often!

Down to the Qantas depot where the lass we'd been emailing sent us. They didn't know what we wanted, and called her. Oh no, we should have gone to the agent. And the lady behind the desk gave us the building number and directions. We eventually found it, and headed into the office. Oh no, they should have sent you to the counter in the International terminal. But we're happy to handle it here for you. *big smiles all round* There was plenty of paperwork to fill out, amongst which was an estimate of how much the belongings were worth. We were told not to make it too high as taxes may have to be paid at the collection point. Fair enough. I estimated fairly low. *as it turns out, not low enough and there is complaint cause she has to pay heaps of tax* Unaccompanied baggage is so much cheaper! And the staff at the depot were really helpful.

But I'm somewhat disgruntled about the whole process and am determined not to be so helpful next time...

The rest of the week was spent just chillaxin and playing WoW. I've established an account and was determined to make the most of it before I had to go back to work.

The house is so empty now that MOTH spends his time in his study and I spend mine in the rumpus/family room. We can't see or hear each other. Occasionally I make and effort to wander his way, say hello and see if he wants anything. It's perfect. We don't live in each other's way, we both get to spend solitary time and yet we're there if the other person needs something.

And today, I get up early in the morning to go to work. *depressing* And it's still dark. I don't like winter much!

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

how sad, that you live together and yet alone. I would love to spend that time with Fluffy. We seem to drift into the loungeroom together, he watches TV and I read. Or we will both sit out at the back table.

A whole week (plus one day) off. Man, wouldn't that be something? To spend at home, doing whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted... aaaah, bliss. *big sigh*

Sorry you had to go back to work though. (NOT!) haha.

*supgste*.... ummmm, nope.

JoeinVegas said...

Now a WOW person? I got the program a while ago (because #2 son was doing it ALL THE TIME but he stopped right after I bought it) and have never installed it. I waste enough time on things without that one too.

Butterfly Kissez said...

Lol...I just cancelled my WOW account...decided I spent way too much time on the computer which is silly because now I am doing other stuff which requires just as much computer time lol *sigh*

*outche* My shoulder hurts...outche!