Monday, July 05, 2010

Why are melting moments so crumbly??

Monday dawns and Elder and Subs are due to go home. I decide to call in sick because I'm not 100% and it's too cold to get out of bed.

They're up early, packing the car, rounding up Freddy. He knows something is going on and is dancing all around and getting underfoot. Around mid morning when it's time to go, he rushes down to the car and stands at the car door, tail wagging. Gee thanks dog. Good to know you are so eager to get away.

They drive away and all is quiet again.

Only because the Teen and her boy are still asleep.

When they get up, they want to go shopping. Take us to Indro! We love the shops. The boy is pliant, he'll go where she wants. We end up taking them to a closer shopping centre that has recently expanded. She is impressed by the expansion, but still insists they don't have any of the shops she likes. However, since she's on a limited budget, she will go home now rather than continue on.

Tuesday arrives and I'm back at work. I'm riding the bus again because the Zman is on holidays. He gives me a lift to work and I am getting spoiled. The alarm goes off at 6am. I lie in the warmth till at least 6.30am. Up and ready by 8am and wait till he lets me know he's leaving home. I like the late starts, but the late finishes bug me!

The Teen has instructions to clean the room she's been sleeping in. They are migrating to one of the other bedrooms and need to put this one back in order. Dad arrives on the train on Tuesday afternoon. It's been four months since I last saw him and surely I don't recall that his hair was this white? Where is Time going?

He has an appointment with the hospital mid Wednesday morning. I'm not keen on taking the bus and am looking forward to a bit of a sleep in. Where can you drop me off that's on the way? I manage to catch the bus to work at a suburb much closer than home! Wednesday night I find out that they won't be operating. Things are stable at the moment and I guess they don't want to play about. Mum is disappointed when he tells her.

Thursday Dad travels home on the train. MOTH sees him off and they find an old acquaintance on the platform. Home from work and I do the run through with the grocery shopping. Gotta love that. Teen and the boy *sure i had a name for him but can't remember what it was!* decide to head to Pizza Hut for dinner while MOTH and I do the shopping. I'm just about to text them to say where we are when they appear in my line of vision. Hah. No need for texting when you can just summon, right?

Friday they leave mid morning. I wish them well. It was great to see them and her boy is a nice chap. Very quiet. I have no idea what he thinks of Teen's family. Quiet we are not!

Saturday is errand day to pick up scripts and other such sundries. There is housework to do and I look at it ... but I just can't summon the energy to do much about it.

Sunday I designated Stay In My Jammies day. I'm cold again. I've got my polar fleece dressing gown, my flanny jammies, the reverse cycle airconditioner set on 25 and I'm still cold. Maybe it's the house. Maybe it's me. It's sunny outside; watery but sunny. And indoors the kitchen temp tells me it's around 17 deg C. I do three loads of washing and peg them out in the sun. It's lovely when the breeze isn't blowing, but doesn't help when I come indoors!

My WoW subscription has expired and I can't yet renew. The only other computer game I have is Sims 3. I install it and see how it goes. I'm bored! Wow, there are so many options on here I never knew existed. Alright .... let's see how it goes...

Sunday night? Where did that day go? Time to cook dinner - spaghetti and meatballs - and back to the game while I watch a little tv. Reruns of Bones and Castle then off to bed.

Good night!

1 comment:

Colleen Barnett said...

Sounds like a busy week for you for a change. Poor poppy, he is in his 70s afterall! I really miss them, wish sometimes I lived closer (but not too much closer...)

Dogs love the car, don't they? Ours goes bonkers when he thinks he is getting in. In fact, he'll just get in whether he's invited or not!

silly dog...

*stionic* a bionic sty???