Monday, July 12, 2010

Quietly now...

It was a nice ride to work this morning. The bus is quiet, the sun shining through the fog. Yep, fog. Wisps of it across the hills and through the trees; the sun beaming between the wisps. It floated around the upper stories of the buildings in the city, lending everything gilded edges.

So here's a brief wrap of my week, in no particular order.

Whoa! There are rowers on the river this morning! It must be FREEZING down there. What kind of person willingly puts themselves through that in the name of their sport? Ugh! *shiver*

Hey. Some bloke on the bus is wearing a BURBERRY jacket. How come he's riding the bus then? Chauffeur on holidays? *grin*

How can she do that? We're in the middle of peak pedestrian hour at the end of the day in one of the busiest streets and she's sitting there busily picking her nose?? *shakes head*

Someone is riding a bicycle down the street. On the footpath. That's not usual in itself. Most of them use the street and take their chances with the traffic. She's well prepared though. She has a reflective vest - with lights! There are lights on the front of the helmet and lights along the crossbar of the front forks of the bike. There are lights on the back of the bike too. Can't miss her really as she slowly weaves her way through the throng. Didn't look like a copper though....

Still playing Sims3. Haven't upgraded my WoW subscription yet. Gosh I miss that! Sims3 is sucky, but it's the only computer game I have.

It's time for the farewell lunch for the GTs who are leaving. We're checking out the Brewhouse. The food is reasonable - I paid $6 for a big bowl of beer battered chips and gravy. Oh no! They've put salt on them. Who does that these days? Someone gives me a free glass of beer and I'm set. Lunch winds up about half two and we head to the bus station. Most of the others have left a little earlier and they drove back. The PA system announces the 109 will stop at stop 1. It doesn't and there is a ten minute wait for the next bus. And that means that by the time we catch it and get back to campus then up to the office, I will only be at work for forty-five minutes before I have to leave to catch my bus home. Tough call, the the other GTs convince me to go home. Great. Now I have guilt. *well, not really, but i can try to convince myself*

Sunny's over to watch a movie. He's picked Pirates of the Caribbean. I love that movie so if he wants to talk, he'll have to wait. We're watching the movie and he's suddenly waving his arms about. I've copped an elbow on the point of my shoulder! Ouch! Talk about bony! I've chosen garlic chicken and salad for dinner. Easy recipe and I think I might have overdone the garlic. Ah well.

I'm thinking I might stay in my jammies today. Yay! It's Sunday after all. But I change my mind. A couple loads of washing and more Sims3. I'm scrolling through the telly channels and I discover that the John Travolta movie, Michael, is on later. Sweeeeet! I LOVE that movie. But I have to get through Charlies Angels and the Partridge Family first. I make it through Charlie, and the first bit of Partridge Family. Nap time I think.

I'm awake in time for the movie. No gaming while I settle in to watch the movie. A box of tissues later, and it's almost time to start dinner. I think this is only the second or third time I've seen the movie and I'd forgotten how it makes me cry. Silly stuff. I want to get it but last time I looked I couldn't find it available outside eBay.

Dinner tonight is lamb shanks. Not cooked these for a while and I'm having trouble fitting them in the pot! I brown what I can and set them to simmer. The recipe calls for tomato soup and sour cream at the end but I've chosen french onion soup instead. Works a treat! The sauce is creamy and flavoursome, the meat is falling off the bones. MOTH isn't keen on sour cream, but this recipe I shall definitely try again.

*yawn* I've made it through a rerun of Bones, and Castle is mostly finished. It's a rerun too, so I think I'm off to bed.

It's been a lazy kind of week, but it was a nice ride to work this morning.

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

I almost bought Sims for Dobby on the weekend but found the wrestling. She is mad keen on wrestling.

I will definitely have to try the lamb shanks, but probably the easy one... being lazy and all....

*cansel* I wish they would CANSEL mondays!

sparklingmerlot said...

You make public transport sound almost inviting. And then I remember I live in Melbourne!!

Lamb shanks. Love lamb but never cooked shanks.

Hope this week is as good as the last.

JoeinVegas said...

Sounds like a quiet weekend.