Monday, August 09, 2010

Backwards speaking shall I

I thought I'd written some notes for guidance. But you know what Thought thought. Seems I did not.

I'm still waiting for my tax notice. I lodged it three weeks ago now and still no word. Arrrrrgghhhhh! *deep breathes* Alright, I know I should be patient, but hey! I haven't got time for that. I had it done through an agent this year so goodness knows how long it will take.

_____________

Monday up bright and early. Made apple crumble before work. I catch a lift with Zman and although he doesn't pick me up till after 8am, I still get out of bed at 6.30am.

After making my decision to quit the committee on Friday, I thought I'd better let my new manager, C, know. She wasn't in today, but arrangements were made for a meeting tomorrow.

Yum! Apple crumble, custard - Paul's double thick French Vanilla - and cream for dessert. Wonderful!
______________

Tuesday I met with C. I've worked with her on previous committees and known her from outside my current office. She's tells me she is a fun loving person and everyone else in the office seems so serious! I'm hoping we can work well together. We went for coffee and I discussed my current job, what I do, and how I felt about being so doubted. I'm sure I was much too honest, but it felt good to talk to her. And a little easier than I thought it might have been. It was decided that I would still do the background work, but not attend the meetings. That suits me fine. We are still to work our way around the issue of the Manager on the other committee. I'm happy to work that one through when the time comes.

Mmmmm. More apple crumble for dessert!
_______________

Wednesday and I'm up and making lemon sago for dessert. Today is our 26th wedding anniversary. We aren't going out anywhere and haven't bought gifts, so my gift is his favourite dessert. *drool* I let him taste test it to see if it is lemony enough. Yep, it passes muster.

Off to work, and I'm feeling much better after yesterday. The day looks promising.

The Teen sends me a text. She is now single. Oh! Oh dear. She's holding up okay, much better than I thought she would.

Since we haven't anything planned, MOTH and I snuggle up in front of the telly to watch Lie to Me and Law & Order Criminal Intent, eating beef stir fry, followed by lemon sago with custard and cream. An excellent way to spend an evening.
_______________

Thursday is pretty normal. As normal as it gets around here. Last day for one of the GTs and I'm sorry that I can't go to his farewell dinner.

I'm out the door around 4pm which is my usual time when I have to catch the bus home. This time I'm trying out a different timing. It's the 'fast' way home, but an earlier run. I'm wanting to see how the new bus service works out. It worked quite well. Of course, it would be MUCH better if there were no students! The queue would be a heck of a lot shorter. Fer shur.
_______________

My favourite day of the week. Sunny is over for dinner, bringing a friend with him. A new friend to introduce me to. We have garlic chicken, veg and salad for dinner. And since it's Friday, Waking the Dead is my priority. Sorry Sunny, we're watching that! He doesn't mind though because he thinks it a little spooky. *weird, i dunno* That's followed by the IT Crowd. Apparently the friend hasn't seen it before. I ask, Do you know anyone who works in IT? No, he doesn't. Ah well, I say, you probably won't get most of the jokes then..... *how could he not?! heavens, don't most of us know a geek or two??*
_______________

It's kinda a slow weekend. I still haven't renewed my WoW subscription and Sims3 is boring. Even Facebook has slowed down for me. *sigh* What to do, what to do.... I snooze a bit. I do some sudoku puzzles. I pace around for a bit.

.... I plug the iron in and do some ironing. Hankies, teatowels, shorts. I stop myself before I start on the big stuff like shirts.

And some more sitting on the couch to recover from THAT close call.
_______________

Sunday I'm still a little bored. I actually head out to the shops with MOTH. And get punished by being bombarded by complaints from another pensioner that MOTH is friends with. He's somewhat distracted - I didn't hear him say anything that wasn't a complaint this morning! I tuned out. Apparently he left, said goodbye twice and I was so tuned out I didn't notice. *um ahhhh*

I talk MOTH into buying a block of chocolate. A new Cadbury flavour. It's not too bad - berry and vanilla shortcake.

Still bored, I wander out to the garden and see what MOTH has been up to lately. He's been busy, pulling out all sorts of stuff. I water a bare patch on the grass.

I'm watching Bones, and my phone goes off. I take the call. The Elder has done something very silly - I won't go into detail here. I'm still a little gobsmacked and angry she's done it and now I'm somewhat at a loss as to where to go next. Perhaps I will just suggest she comes to visit for a while....

4 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

NO! Don't let her come visit for awhile! She needs to stay and sort out her mess!

Apple crumble....mmmmmmm.....

I was reading somewhere recently that the average tax return now because of a new system is taking about 6 weeks! Oh no! There goes my holiday money...

*stlem* good thing you managed to stlem the flow of ironing before it got out of hand... :-)

Butterfly Kissez said...

Mmmmmm apple crumble :) Might have to get some on the way home...I'm not clever enough to make one but Sara Lee's will do :)

sparklingmerlot said...

YOU MAKE DESSERT BEFORE YOU GO TO WORK?????????? Jeez, woman, set unrealistic standards for the rest of us why don't you!!!!

Can't comment on the situation with The Elder but I do know how hard it is when kids go pear shaped.

I wish my youngest was single again. His GF is craaaaaazy. Like need to call in the cops for stalking sort of craaaaaaazy.

Belated Happy Anniversary and congrats. Those of us who have longstanding relationships tend to be few and far between.

Hope the work stuff sorts itself out. The new manager has promise, no?

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch Waking the Dead that I recorded. I like a lot of your other watching habits, also.

So glad you managed to stop the ironing before it got out of hand.

But I still can't get over the dessert prep before work.

*sigh*

JoeinVegas said...

Kids might move out but never seem to leave