Monday, November 15, 2010

Pincushion city.

Since that cat moved in, I'm beginning to find out how a pincushion feels. Or becoming a blood donor. Whichever. Sheldon is a livewire and loves my desk chair. Regardless of whether I'm sitting in it or not. *sigh*

The Tuesday morning traffic was terrible! A usual 10 minute run took 25. There was a bonus though. Yes. A sign we pass every day that says "IN NOV" finally had enough time to display the whole message. NIGHT WORKS IN NOV. Excellent!

Sheldon has been giving me plenty of exercise. Busily climbing the screen door every few minutes, tangling himself in the vertical drapes, trying to steal my glasses from my desk and even turning on my computer! Well, that's accomplished by stepping on the mouse, but hey.



Fred and Sheldon tear around the rumpus room in the evenings, making me worry about the state of the carpet....

Wednesday night Zman and I hit JBHiFi for a one night only sale. I didn't really have any funds but managed to pick up 3 blu-ray dvds for $28. Zman spent considerably more than that! The dvds were the Prestige, Scorpion King 2 *ok. i confess. i like b-grade movies* and Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

Friday morning woke us up well and truly. At the end of the road we use to access the carpark, there is only a right turn. The cycle path joins the road at that point. A cyclist came up to the road and stopped. Zman glanced at a pedestrian on the footpath while turning right. Just in time to see the cyclist crossing right in front of the car! SHOOOOOT! *or something like that*

*dangit. sheldon is trying to eat my flowers*

This week has been rather rushed with several staff members travelling. Friday morning I was asked by a third party to make arrangements for my boss as they were having difficulty. Alright, fair enough. They would be willing to reimburse, but only to a certain amount. Because it was last minute *the traveller was heading out on monday* all the hotels close to the venue were already full. They had given me three options, and the only one with rooms available was a 15 minute taxi ride away. I confirmed it, 'paid' for it and sent the details to my boss. At about 3pm he gets back to the office and has a huge dummy spit. No. I'm not staying there. I'm not taking a cab every day. I need to stay at the venue so I can network with people. I can't do that while I'm staying that far away. I would rather stay at my sisters place. *i'm rather gobsmacked during all this. a 15 minute taxi ride is NOTHING in my book. and how would staying at his sisters be any different unless she lived next door to the venue???* Oh, and you can write back to them and tell them I'm not staying there, I'm not doing it. Make sure they pay me the per diem amount not the accommodation amount, and if they want me to take a taxi, then they can pay for me to get a hire car. I told him the girl I had been liaising with was in Bangkok and she wouldn't have any authority. He was quiet for about 5 seconds before he started again.

So, I had to cancel that booking and suck up to Bangkok and ask if he could be paid the per diem amount. Then my wonderful travel agent said, I can get you a room at the venue. But it was only for two nights, not three. I went back to the boss and told him that if our company was willing to wear the cost of the flight changes and the cost of the difference in the accommodation, I could get him two nights at the venue. He was most pleased with that *and i think he even called me my dear!* I suspect because he got his own way.

I didn't finish work that day until nearly 5:45pm.

Saturday I baked. It seemed nearly all day. Mini quiches. Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.


Sunday the Elder and I took Fred up to the markets. No bath this time, but we stopped for an icecream and drink. It was a little warm. While there I did espy a young lady wearing brown leggings. And a short top. Definite no no in my fashion book! And as an added feature, there was a big hole on her inner thigh near the top. How did she think she was going to get away with that?? Or was it just my eagle eyes?

Sigh. Work tomorrow. Ah well. Cupcake anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sol! Cupcakes look yum! You and Froggy are making a lot of cupcakes lately! Would love your mini quiche recipe! They look great too and might come in handy for christmas party snacks! Happyrock Rat.

Colleen Barnett said...

Hey, you made Red Velvet? Bitch! Gimme that recipe! LOL. Oh, and yes, that quiche recipe would be good. Fluffy won't eat them but Dobby and I sure would! xx

JoeinVegas said...

Yes, please, pass a few this way.

Butterfly Kissez said...

Yes post the Red Velvet recipe please and the mini quiches...cupcakes look divine! You did a great job!

Gastronomy Gal said...

Oh my god. Dummy spitting is happening over here at the moment too. What a joke HOW freaking rude!