Monday, March 21, 2011

Bus fares. Who'd have them....

Been a very quiet week this week. The office building still looks like a construction site. We've not been able to access the internal staircase all of last week. I shouldn't complain but with the drilling, paint, glue, people, wires, and stuff it just seems stupid to wait several minutes for a lift to go one flight of stairs.

Or is that just me?

The renovation continues through this next week as well. For some time I think. And to think, it's not even for us. Level 5 is being refit for a totally different group of people to move in while they have their area refurbished. This has happened before - apparently no one wants to work in the building we have to work in. Terrible, isn't it.

This Monday when we came into the office, we found that builders had left their rubbish behind and in our office entrance way. Nice surprise for the first in on Monday. A bin full of plaster cut offs, stair railings, and plastic bollards. Our area is supposed to be secure. It has a keypad for entry. Cheeky!

The electrician came in to do our fluro tubes. Several of them have needed replacing for a few weeks by now. He was most surprised to find the lights in the General Manager's office had burnt out. Completely. The capacitor and a couple of other parts needed replacing. He mentioned that it should have made a loud noise and smelled terrible. When I eventually mentioned this to the GM, he said Oh yes, there was a smell...

The rest of the week was uneventful until Friday. I decided on a whim to change my earrings. Replace the sleepers with studs. Sheldon was on the bed 'helping' me make it. I probably wouldn't mind so much but he helps with his claws extended. I'm getting lots of little holes in the doona and sheets!

The bed is made and I'm changing the earrings. There is a movement and POUNCE! Sheldon has dived for the earring and OH NO! HE'S EATING IT! I dig my fingers in his mouth and there's nothing there. DAMMIT! I'm devastated. HE'S EATEN MY DIAMOND AND SAPPHIRE EARRING! The ones MOTH bought me many years ago.

But I move the edge of the pillow case and there it is. *wilts*

Friday lunch time Elder arrives home. She's moved back for a while. To save some money and to look after Freddy. He needs his owner around.

Saturday it's raining. Elder decides to head out to a fairly local shopping centre and see if she can find something in the Smiggle shop. Just because. We head down the drive to the car and can hear Freddy whining as we leave.

It's not in that Smiggle store. We head out for another. It's still raining and parking is scarce. At least under cover. We head for a higher level where there is no shelter. Heading for the nearest entrance, Elder spied ... puddles. She laughs and has a go at splashing me. She gets me a little bit and I splash back. We're laughing and kicking and by the time we finish, my skirt is soaked to the knees. I have to wring it out before I can enter the centre. A young bloke walks past. He's smirking. Don't care, I'm having fun.

Yes, the thing she wants is in that store but not at the price she was looking for so she decides to leave it. We look at the time and heavens! It's after lunch.

Sunday was lovely quiet. Mother called fairly early and I tell her that everyone else is asleep - even Sheldon and Jerome. Jerome is feeling a little unwell today. Later I settle in to watch Resident Evil: Apocolypse. MOTH started but couldn't last the distance. This is ridiculous he pronounces. And heads off to Facebook.

This morning I cleaned out the cat trays in the laundry. Completed the task and surveyed the room. Happened to look up......

4 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

ever get that feeling you're being watched?.....

Poor Sheldon....:-D

Chris H said...

LOL... quite scary that cat of yours! Wonder what he/she was thinking while you cleaned out the litter trays???

the elder said...

ceiling cat, now with laz0r b3amz.

Colleen Barnett said...

Nah, Elder, Ceiling Cat is the Good Cat..