Monday, March 07, 2011

Quick March!

Yes. All together much too quickly. I can't believe that we're into the third month already.

Zman has been out of action this week so I have had to catch the bus. There is more to look at and a bit more to blog about.

Monday must have been boring because I have no notes for that day. The kids are gone and the house is quiet. Well, it might be if Sheldon didn't keep getting into mischief. And encouraging Jerome to do the same.

Tuesday and I'm standing at the stop in the city waiting for my changeover. A car moves into the bus zone and drops off a passenger. A bus is coming down the hill and wanting to change lanes. The car starts to move out but is effectively blocking the bus so it can't move in. A simple stop completely would let the bus move in front and allow the car to take their lane behind the bus. But no. The bloke in the car makes a gesture. The bus pulls along side, the doors open and the woman driver yells at the man in the car. I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE POINTING AT ME! She was quite cross. And well she should be. Cars are supposed to keep out of bus zones!

I note all the students pile into the bus at the popular stop. Once the bus was nearly empty. Now it's standing room only. Further along a mother with a preschooler and a toddler gets on. Two of the female students vacate their seat for her. NOT A SINGLE MALE SHIFTS IN THEIR SEAT. Sad state of affairs when the girls, one of whom maybe be pregnant herself, offer their seats.

Wednesday a student gets on the bus. His t-shirt states that zombies hate fast food. It makes my morning.

Thursday and it's bring on the weekend! It's still so far away. I'm at the bus changeover in good time. I'm waiting and waiting and the scheduled bus does not arrive. A twenty minute wait for the next one. Sigh. While I'm standing there, a car pulls into the bus zone. *yep. another one* I can see two adult males occupying the front seat. The rear passenger door opens and out spills three adult females, a preschooler and a young baby. Obviously overloaded and unrestrained children. Really, what are people thinking! It's all very well wanting a trip into the city, but please! Think out your transport options carefully!

I'm finally on the bus and I can see flashing lights. It's a fire engine. The fireies are gathered in a group on the footpath, some crouched, some with jackets off. But alas, I cannot see what they are doing.

Friday. Finally. The light is creeping in through the bedroom window. I'm awake early again. It's still semidark and I can see something on the wall just above MOTH's pillow. I can't quite make it out. Is it moving? Don't think so. But I don't have any clue what it may be. The light strengthens and I can now see what it is.... WTF? It's the spot bandaid I put on my finger before I went to bed...... How the heck did that get stuck to the wall?????

I try to sleep in on Saturday. It's a lost cause. I can hear the cats scratching at the door. Alright, alright. I'm up. But you can still wait for your breakfast.

MOTH is getting tired of Sheldon leaping halfway up the wall to the shelves and stealing. Stuff. He steals stuff. Pins, photos, hearing aids. It doesn't matter; we think it's the thrill of the chase. MOTH rearranges the room. It takes him a while and keeps him out of mischief while I wash the doona cover and vacuum around him. The cats have taken to sleeping on the bed, and they are shedding. Terribly.

I go back to my room and suddenly there is a commotion from the study. The change of position of the desk has failed to deter Sheldon and he has launched himself from the desk instead of the chair. I might have to consider drastic measures. Or we could just keep the door closed. Poor MOTH. It's hot in that room with the door closed.

Sunday is a lazy day. We don't do much of anything. I run another campaign on Starcraft, level a couple of WoW characters, and take a couple of naps. Jerome jumps from the couch to the top of the lace curtain. Luckily it doesn't tear. Roast rolled turkey breast for dinner and then Bones.

All is quiet now and it's just the end of another crazy week.

3 comments:

Colleen Barnett said...

God your kitties crack me up! Never a dull moment! Send them my way! Hahaha. Mine comes up for cuddles about 4 times a night (although he left me alone last night). By cuddles I mean laying on my pillow (so i have to turn my face away) and scratching at my shoulder. Sigh...

JoeinVegas said...

One reason we shifted from cats to small dogs; the dogs can't leap like that. No problem with food on the counters, stuff on shelves, whatever. Your kitties are amusing.

Gastronomy Gal said...

seems like the boys need to learn some manners- bring back the old school I say. Perhaps you should lead the charge!